Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 06:02 PM   #46
Georgelemental
Georgelemental began at the beginning.

Device: none
Touch input seems to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise from the display now. (The display is in normal portrait)
Georgelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:08 PM   #47
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgelemental View Post
Touch input seems to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise from the display now. (The display is in normal portrait)
Hmm well... that is quite unexpected.
Have you replaced the touch input py file?

I'll have a look at it and see if I can do something.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #48
bobpatton77
bobpatton77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Just SSH your Kobo’s IP, it should work.
If you didn't install NiLuJe's stuff, telnet instead.
What would be my username and password?
bobpatton77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:35 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Assuming you're using my stuff and not the stock telnet, root, and nothing, just hit enter. (For all I remember, the stock telnet might also let you in without a password anyway ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:19 PM   #50
bobpatton77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Assuming you're using my stuff and not the stock telnet, root, and nothing, just hit enter. (For all I remember, the stock telnet might also let you in without a password anyway ;p).
hmmmm i feel as though I've missed a kobo hacking for dummies cause im lost

so I have the one click koreader package and kobox on my kobo. does none of this come with ssh (or telnet) by default? I cannot seem to telnet or ssh into my kobo when i am in kobox, or anything for that matter.

disregarding telnet, i have just now tried installing your suite of tools by dragging them into my kobo root. assuming I fix winrar telling me it failed copying over 600 syslinks, how would I go about activating ssh? through a shortcut in nicklemenu? or does it automatically activate?
Advert
Old 01-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #51
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah for telnet you'll have to enter "root" as a username, and it will go to the shell directly. For SSH, you'll have to press "Enter" as if that was a "password" and then it will go to a shell.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:23 PM   #52
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpatton77 View Post
hmmmm i feel as though I've missed a kobo hacking for dummies cause im lost

so I have the one click koreader package and kobox on my kobo. does none of this come with ssh (or telnet) by default? I cannot seem to telnet or ssh into my kobo when i am in kobox, or anything for that matter.

disregarding telnet, i have just now tried installing your suite of tools by dragging them into my kobo root. assuming I fix winrar telling me it failed copying over 600 syslinks, how would I go about activating ssh? through a shortcut in nicklemenu? or does it automatically activate?
I'd suggest you start with Telnet for now. If it doesn't work from KoBox, two options:

Code:
busybox telnetd -F
if you can access the terminal and there's no quirks with touch input
-OR-
When in the stock firmware (Nickel), type 'devmodeon' in the search bar and hit enter. That'll enable it for you.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:31 PM   #53
bobpatton77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
When in the stock firmware (Nickel), type 'devmodeon' in the search bar and hit enter. That'll enable it for you.
wow, that worked flawlessly, thank you.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:16 PM   #54
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
wow, that worked flawlessly, thank you.
My pleasure!

Quote:
touch seems to be weird
How weird?
Old 01-23-2021, 07:49 PM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Err, nope, you went a bit click happy on the unarchiving there ;p.

You simply want to drop *just* the KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo folder like any other FW update, the rest of what's in the archive are the sources .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-24-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #56
bobpatton77

Quote:
Err, nope, you went a bit click happy on the unarchiving there ;p.

You simply want to drop *just* the KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo folder like any other FW update, the rest of what's in the archive are the sources .
that makes much more sense, thank you. and it just replaces the existing telnet?
Old 01-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #57
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
And SSH and FTP.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:07 PM   #58
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It doesn't replace anything as much as launch a dedicated instance on boot, which prevents Nickel's from doing anything useful.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #59
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So if I do the installation then I do it this way with the KoboRoot or do I have to do all the SSH commands etc.?
Old 01-25-2021, 01:56 PM   #60
Elektron
Banned

Log from my brain:

11:44 - Rebooting!
11:45 - I see NickelMenu!
11:46 - NickelMenu not showing menu, will re-install.
11:46 - Downloading install package for KOReader, Plato, KFMon, NM
11:47 - yeah this download is slow...
11:48 - zzz...
11:49 - done!
11:51 - installing...
11:55 - installed!
11:56 - NickelMenu menu item not there, and I need to go for my lunch break ;p

Be back later!