Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomereader View Post
I came across the Demy

"The Demy is the world's first kitchen-safe digital recipe reader that will revolutionize the way you cook."

http://www.mydemy.com/

almost a year ago the price might have been okay but now.......but just thought I would put up the link, do not recall ever seeing it posted anywhere here before
Yeah, it is overpriced. Also, it only has a 90-day warranty. Very lame.

Another device for recipes along these lines is the Sony Dash. It's the same price and far more versatile.

Sony Dash
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #47
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
If I'm making a messy meal/ washing up I put my ereader into a plastic food bag to protect it.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #48
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
An iPad with Epicurious and a shell fit for kids (or sloppy grownups) = win
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #49
bobavey
Bob Avey
bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps if the ereader could be taught to read the recipies and cooking instructions outloud this would be a good idea.

Beneath a Buried House

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SE7J6I
bobavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #50
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
This is one reason I like the Kobo. The D-pad thingie -- the only control on the front -- appears to be well sealed to the case.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #51
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Although I like ebooks, I've been wary of going digital in the kitchen. I worry that I will splash or spatter gadget, watch it fall in the dishwater, set it on fire, etc. Of course I'm sloppy and cook and bake a lot. I suppose more organized people could come up with a safe system for the ebook reader as cook book.

As for a gift, I think your wife will in general like getting an ebook reader. Despite conventional wisdom WOMEN LOVE GADGETS. (Stereo speakers are not gadgets).

Best of luck.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #52
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
I'm always nonplussed by people who ask gift advice for their loved ones from strangers.

Don't you know your wife well enough to know what she likes? If you don't, how do you expect us to?

The whole 'but shez a woomin! Iz not understand teh wimmin!' thing is pretty weird. She's your wife. Pay attention!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #53
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I'm always nonplussed by people who ask gift advice for their loved ones from strangers.

Don't you know your wife well enough to know what she likes? If you don't, how do you expect us to?

The whole 'but shez a woomin! Iz not understand teh wimmin!' thing is pretty weird. She's your wife. Pay attention!
I actually think it's a good idea. some men simply are not very creative and fall into the flowers, candy, jewlery rut and never crawl out!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #54
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I actually think it's a good idea. some men simply are not very creative and fall into the flowers, candy, jewlery rut and never crawl out!
Which can be cured by *paying attention*.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #55
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Not necessarily. The minds of men and women are hardwired differently so often (not always) one will not "get" the other.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #56
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Bull shit, I'm asking about what what other women think because I'm getting conflicting messages and I need help translating.

This issue has resolved itself naturally in my household. But I am non-plussed by smug self satisfied women who think men are and should be not only psychic, but should spend all their time trying to decipher thier womens darkest, deepest thoughts.

You are not the center of the universe.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #57
khalleron
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Bull shit, I'm asking about what what other women think because I'm getting conflicting messages and I need help translating.

This issue has resolved itself naturally in my household. But I am non-plussed by smug self satisfied women who think men are and should be not only psychic, but should spend all their time trying to decipher thier womens darkest, deepest thoughts.

You are not the center of the universe.

EDIT: I had a snide response, but I'm taking it down.

The point is, it's rather offensive for you to think all women think alike, that just because we're women we would know what a complete stranger likes.

If you don't know, and you see her every day of your life, how are we supposed to?

No one said anything about being the center of the universe, dude. Chill.

Last edited by khalleron; 10-24-2010 at 11:39 AM.