Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #376
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
(copied from another thread after finding this one) as I was saying... I don't see the official MobileRead Donut Day t-shirt, or the "How do you butter your toast?" shirt, or the "Avatar for zelda_pinwheel" one, or the "Where's Captain Pinktoe" or the "Forget the Swine Flu, It's Psockpuppet Psaturday" shirt (also known as Get psocked or Get Keelhauled!), "Thread Hijacker", and the ever famous "Portugal, Germany or the Blue One Next to the Fish", "Where's the Poll Fairy When I Need One" ...
Ok, of this list, here are the ones I think I could get out sometime this month, if folks are interested:

- Official MobileRead Donut Day
- Avatar for zelda_pinwheel (I'm assuming this would be a mosaic of the avatars of our Beloved Queen)
- Forget the Swine Flu, It's Psockpuppet Psaturday (again, as a mosaic of the psockpuppet rogue's gallery)
- Thread Hijacker (Giant ornate H -- any other details? Did you want this to be a mosaic as well, of all those interesting H-ified avatars?)

We already have "The Blue One Next to the Fish." We could have "Portugal" and "Germany" buttons, if you like, and you could wear them next to the blue button on the Fish t-shirt.

I need some image ideas for the Poll Fairy. Gender? Age? Body shape? Color scheme?

Hey, Marc, remember that avatar I did for you a while back? Feel like sharing it with the world? What sort of text would be good-- "Montsmags Enterprises... <motto>"? One of your catchy sig lines?

I missed Captain Pinktoe and the toast buttering controversy. If someone wants to give me a link to relevant thread(s) and/or some visual ideas, I'll give it some thought.

Given how slow sales generally are at the shop, though, I don't want to try to create too many new designs. I do this for fun, after all-- I don't make any money at it. Most months the shop doesn't bring in enough to cover the expenses of the website, and it is only through the kind generosity of a Certain Patron that we are able to stay open at all.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #377
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Wow! Blow me away again! Why aren't there any ads with links to these websites?
Maybe it should be a sticky in the Llounge.
There will be a link in the header of the website to the MR one. I've never been sure how to handle the Silliness shop, because it's such an odd project, not really "sanctioned" by MR. I suppose this thread could be a sticky or something.

(Hey, where's the Poll Fairy? )
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #378
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Also, what about "I don't want none of that mischief on my eels!"?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #379
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Ok, of this list, here are the ones I think I could get out sometime this month, if folks are interested:

- Avatar for zelda_pinwheel (I'm assuming this would be a mosaic of the avatars of our Beloved Queen)
- Forget the Swine Flu, It's Psockpuppet Psaturday (again, as a mosaic of the psockpuppet rogue's gallery)
- Thread Hijacker (Giant ornate H -- any other details? Did you want this to be a mosaic as well, of all those interesting H-ified avatars?)
YES !!!!

Quote:
I need some image ideas for the Poll Fairy. Gender? Age? Body shape? Color scheme?

Hey, Marc, remember that avatar I did for you a while back? Feel like sharing it with the world? What sort of text would be good-- "Montsmags Enterprises... <motto>"? One of your catchy sig lines?
hm, i've been picturing the poll fairy as the avatar you created for marc.

Quote:
Given how slow sales generally are at the shop, though, I don't want to try to create too many new designs. I do this for fun, after all-- I don't make any money at it. Most months the shop doesn't bring in enough to cover the expenses of the website, and it is only through the kind generosity of a Certain Patron that we are able to stay open at all.
and we are deeply appreciative of this kind benefactor.

Quote:
Also, what about "I don't want none of that mischief on my eels!"?
YES !! YES !!! YES !!!

*disclaimer : i can't actually afford to buy any more t-shirts in the immediate. but i do have a list, harv and vera's panama adventures being at the top of it. (i think "i don't want none of that mischief on my eels!" is going to be a really close second).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #380
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:

We could have "Portugal" and "Germany" buttons, if you like, and you could wear them next to the blue button on the Fish t-shirt.

I missed Captain Pinktoe and the toast buttering controversy. If someone wants to give me a link to relevant thread(s) and/or some visual ideas, I'll give it some thought.

Yes to all of the above!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48540

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49920
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #381
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Now, if only my husband had a job and I could start spending money again.

I'd be happy to do my part, as my friend says, for "the new economy", but it has to do it's part too!

"Please people, the barn is at a standstill, which is even slower progress than usual, and I could use some new t-shirts, does anyone need a controls design engineer? Will work for money." (Is this what you'd call networking in the business world? or a blatent plug? or just begging and groveling? )
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #382
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hey, Marc, remember that avatar I did for you a while back? Feel like sharing it with the world?
Hey, it's your creation. I'm just the proud donner of its garb.

Quote:
What sort of text would be good-- "Montsmags Enterprises... <motto>"? One of your catchy sig lines?
Hmm,

Montsnmags Enterprises - One Galaxy At A Time

Montsnmags Enterprises - All Your Memes Are Belong To Us

Montsnmags Enterprises - Invoice Payable Within 7 Days, Or Else...

Montsnmags Enterprises - Let Us Be Of Service OR WE WILL DESTROY YOUR PLANET

Montsnmags Enterprises - We Bring Unconditional Love* (*Conditions Apply)

Montsnmags Enterprises - DO NO EVIL (without a 50% deposit)

Montsnmags Enterprises - Officially WANTED Across the Universe

Montsnmags Enterprises - Semper Apertus

....he says, starting to run dry. Little help?

Last edited by montsnmags; 09-03-2009 at 11:12 PM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #383
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
This one, no doubt about it!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:45 AM   #384
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, i've been picturing the poll fairy as the avatar you created for marc.
Really.

Though the image certainly does evoke lots of options.

Maybe if I add fairy wings?

How do I illustrate the mischievous eels, I wonder? Eel with ebook reader? With a bit of steamy Harv and Vera romance just visible? Probably needs to be eels, plural. I have this eel: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/m...?item=771&_m=d

Hm. Maybe I should make it a sort of electric eel with glowing text on the sides.

Quote:
(Is this what you'd call networking in the business world? or a blatent plug? or just begging and groveling? )
There's a difference?

Times are tight for everyone, I think. I can't afford t-shirts and other extras right now, either.

Quote:
Montsnmags Enterprises - One Galaxy At A Time

Montsnmags Enterprises - Invoice Payable Within 7 Days, Or Else...

Montsnmags Enterprises - Officially WANTED Across the Universe

....he says, starting to run dry. Little help?
All of these look pretty good to me. I think I like the first two and the last the best. (Where's that Poll Fairy again?)
Old 09-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #385
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Glowing eel might look like this (this is actually a squid, but I like the look)

Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #386
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Montsnmags Enterprises - When it absolutely postively has to arrive last week.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #387
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
here are my favourites :

Quote:

it wasn't easy deciding though.

Quote:
How do I illustrate the mischievous eels, I wonder? Eel with ebook reader? With a bit of steamy Harv and Vera romance just visible? Probably needs to be eels, plural. I have this eel: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/m...?item=771&_m=d

Hm. Maybe I should make it a sort of electric eel with glowing text on the sides.
i'm not sure that particular phrase needs any illustration, i kind of like the rather surreal sound of it (for those who don't know...) alone.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #388
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Montsnmags Enterprises - When it absolutely postively has to arrive last week.

I like these the best!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #389
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
I want them all! 8 t-shirts altogether, right? That's perfect! We could wear a different one each day from monday till sunday - and the "planet destroyer" on holidays
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #390
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
You sure those aren't periods?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness