Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-11-2023, 08:56 AM   #36751
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Mirco-rant... webpages that are still loading, you go to click a link and as you do the whole page shifts down and you end up clicking the wrong thing. Sometimes you then get stuck on a page that blocks you from navigating back.
Oh, that one instantly makes me boil!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:38 AM   #36752
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Agreed!
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #36753
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Mirco-rant... webpages that are still loading, you go to click a link and as you do the whole page shifts down and you end up clicking the wrong thing. Sometimes you then get stuck on a page that blocks you from navigating back.
Particularly prevalent on MSM "Live" pages
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:12 PM   #36754
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
My toes got stuck curled under my foot on my right foot. This makes it very painful to walk. Ow.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:29 PM   #36755
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
My toes got stuck curled under my foot on my right foot. This makes it very painful to walk. Ow.
What? How is that even possible?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2023, 12:32 PM   #36756
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
What? How is that even possible?
https://www.parkinson.org/understand...ptoms/dystonia
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:37 PM   #36757
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Ah, sorry. My toes don't flex even half that far (in fact, they flex very little). I didn't know it was even possible for the toes to curl under the foot.
Old 11-14-2023, 12:50 PM   #36758
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

My TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is acting up again. I've had this disorder since my late twenties; the reason is unknown, possibly related to depression or something hormonal. It comes and goes; it has been quiet for many years now, but for the past 2 weeks it's again been a real pain (in my case, it feels like all the teeth on the right side are aching). What a nuisance. Should probably have the doctor prescribe something anti-inflammatory, but I just can't get my energy up to contact her.

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-14-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:16 PM   #36759
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is acting up again. I've had this disorder since my late twenties; the reason is unknown, possibly related to depression or something hormonal. It comes and goes; it has been quiet for many years now, but for the past 2 weeks it's again been a real pain (in my case, it feels like all the teeth on the right side are aching). What a nuisance. Should probably have the doctor prescribe something anti-inflammatory, but I just can't get my energy up to contact her.
Or adjust your diet -->> Anti-Inflammatory Diet: Foods That Reduce Inflammation & Others To Avoid

BR
Old 11-14-2023, 07:38 PM   #36760
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I've eaten lots of fresh fruit all my life, and rarely cakes, cookies etc. Nor do I eat huge amounts of processed meat, fries and so on. It's not the food. I'm also not particularly prone to inflammations otherwise. The fact is, no one knows what actually causes TMJ problems and why women are far more affected by them than men.

Edit: personally I suspect the main reason is psychological. I'm extremely neurotic and chronically depressed gal. As women tend to be more neurotic than men, that may be the reason why they have more TMJ issues. The other reason may be hormonal (young women tend to have TMJ issues more often than older women).

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-14-2023 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:00 PM   #36761
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
My dentist once prescribed cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxer) and I’ve talked my doctor into prescribing that as a daily habit. I take it at bedtime; it allows me to relax enough overnight that I have fewer TMJ issues during the day. I wear both an upper and lower night biteguard too, to prevent clenching. It all helps.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:33 PM   #36762
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
My dentist once prescribed cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxer) and I’ve talked my doctor into prescribing that as a daily habit. I take it at bedtime; it allows me to relax enough overnight that I have fewer TMJ issues during the day. I wear both an upper and lower night biteguard too, to prevent clenching. It all helps.
When I first had the symptoms, I was prescribed an anticonvulsant (valproate), which I took for several years, but eventually stopped, as my TMJ issue had been dormant for some time. I'm not sure if I want to add any more long-term medications to the ones I currently take (I'm on antidepressants and hypertension meds to the end of my life); possibly only if the current bout seems to persist. Too early to tell yet.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:39 AM   #36763
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxer)

What a coinky-dink, I just got that this this week. I made the mistake of getting off the couch and doing stuff, and strained a muscle in my back. Won't make that mistake again.....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 03:03 AM   #36764
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Like most I guess, whenever I get an unsolicited marketing email I scroll to the bottom and look for the 4 pt Unsubscribe link. Got one this morning. PgDn, PgDn… hmmm, no Unsubscribe, I thought it was the law. Ah, there it is: Stop all types of future commercial email from blah blah…. Let's click it…

Ah-ha, there's a big yellow Unsubscribe From All button. Lets click it... tickety-boo, shouldn't hear from them again.

4 hours later, WTF another one, click the "Stop all…" link again, all check boxes off - click the big yellow button… again. More fine print - Please allow up to 10 business days for unsubscribe requests to be processed..

If you're thinking, some shonky outfit such as: ................................, your probably wrong, it was NG

BR

One of the emails suggested I should watch a doco about Long Covid… but I've not had Short Covid… yet.

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-16-2023 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-16-2023, 03:30 AM   #36765
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
If you're thinking, some shonky outfit such as: ................................, your probably wrong, it was NG
Those savages.

Quote:
One of the emails suggested I should watch a doco about Long Covid… but I've not had Short Covid… yet.
I'd never had Covid until May '22. That was just 5 months after a Pft*zer shot.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 11-17-2023 at 09:04 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness