Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #16
laura99
laura99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I've always put a skin on my mobile devices while they are shiny and new. They keep off scratches and minor dings and are thin enough not to interfere with putting it in a case. And they also stop the device from feeling slippery.

Amazon already has a couple of these with full body coverage made from military grade clear plastic. [Kindle Oasis Anti-Glare Screen Protector [Full Coverage], IQ Shield® Matte - Full Body Skin with Lifetime Warranty Replacements - Premium Bubble-Free HD Film with Anti-Fingerprint Coating].

Decal Girl [http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/amazo...e-oasis-skins] sells a range of skin designs for full body coverage, or they will let you do your own design.
My DecalGirl skin for the Oasis just shipped today! I'm a bit odd though, I get the glossy version and only use it on the back. It gives an extra bit of grip. It was not as necessary on the Oasis, but every bit helps. The thin side of the devices pretty slick.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
laura99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #17
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have a major case addiction and tbh part of the Oasis's non appeal is the battery case and how silly (to me) it seems to be getting a third party case. My experience of third party cases, the clip in ones, is getting the device in and out of the case can be problematic.

I don't see the point in buying a device which is expensive because it has 2/3rds of its battery in a case and then not use the case.
In the early days of the molded-to-fit cases I was always afraid I'd break the Kindles trying to pry them out of their cases. They've mostly gotten better in the last couple of years though. I have several third-party cases for my Kobo Glo HD and my Samsung tablet and they all can be removed pretty easily.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2016, 04:08 AM   #18
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
My experience of third party cases, the clip in ones, is getting the device in and out of the case can be problematic.
I have several of these ultra cheap covers and I have no problems getting the Kindle in and out. I had some for the PW and now the Voyage.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I never used a skin, but just ordered a matte black one from DecalGirl. Once applied, I will have less concerns about using the device naked, which I prefer.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #20
cats2books
Enthusiast
cats2books doesn't littercats2books doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 11, iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7
I don't feel that the leather battery cover is enough protection. It doesn't cover the entire back of the Oasis and I don't want it to get scratched up in my bag. Plus, it doesn't seem like it would be protected if dropped. I'm worried that it might fall out of the cover.

I found a sleeve that I use. It's specifically made for the Oasis with the leather cover on. When I'm not reading I put the Oasis back into the leather cover and then slide it into the sleeve.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6126297...f=sr_gallery_8
cats2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2016, 06:16 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What good is a 3rd party Oasis case when the battery in the Oasis needs the battery in the Amazon case?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I never used a skin, but just ordered a matte black one from DecalGirl. Once applied, I will have less concerns about using the device naked, which I prefer.
Very pleased with the matte black. Keeps the original look of the device without the fingerprints. Now I don't worry about scratches or other signs of wear on the finish. Ridiculously easy to apply.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #23
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
The Noreve case for the Oasis is now available. For most people, this case has a fatal flaw in that it doesn't charge the Oasis. Also, few people (if any) are going to pay $289.99 for an Oasis and then $54.48 for a 3rd-party case. So, I mention this case only to expand the list FWIW.

http://www.noreve.com/en/kindle-oasi...ther-case.html

EDIT

I looked through the photos on the Noreve site and it appears that you can insert the Oasis into the Noreve case with or without the Amazon case. This deals with the charging issue, but I can't imagine who would want to carry around an Oasis in two cases.

Last edited by kaibob; 06-27-2016 at 09:52 PM.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #24
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
The Noreve case for the Oasis is now available. For most people, this case has a fatal flaw in that it doesn't charge the Oasis. Also, few people (if any) are going to pay $289.99 for an Oasis and then $54.48 for a 3rd-party case. So, I mention this case only to expand the list FWIW.

http://www.noreve.com/en/kindle-oasi...ther-case.html
Yeah...it kind of negates the whole "ergonomic thin and light" thing if you put the Oasis in its case inside of another case to read...and you only have to pay $54.48 for the privilege!!

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amazon-kindle-oasis-leather-case.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	149741  

Last edited by shalym; 06-27-2016 at 09:56 PM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #25
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Yeah...it kind of negates the whole "ergonomic thin and light" thing if you put the Oasis in its case inside of another case to read...and you only have to pay $54.48 for the privilege!!

Shari
In another thread a forum member asked:

The original charging cover that comes with Kindle Oasis is only good for protecting the screen from dust and scratch but not from falling or bumping. Therefore, I am looking for a 3rd party cover for Kindle Oasis. The cover must fits both the Oasis and the original charging cover that comes with it. It must give enough protection from fall and from being shifted around while in a bag or something. Can anyone recommend me one?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275281

When I first read this post I thought no way. I don't know about the fall protection, but Noreve has the cover-in-cover part taken care of.

Last edited by kaibob; 06-27-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:31 AM   #26
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
In another thread a forum member asked:

The original charging cover that comes with Kindle Oasis is only good for protecting the screen from dust and scratch but not from falling or bumping. Therefore, I am looking for a 3rd party cover for Kindle Oasis. The cover must fits both the Oasis and the original charging cover that comes with it. It must give enough protection from fall and from being shifted around while in a bag or something. Can anyone recommend me one?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275281

When I first read this post I thought no way. I don't know about the fall protection, but Noreve has the cover-in-cover part taken care of.
Yeah--I participated in that thread--I interpreted that as the poster was looking for protection while carrying the reader, not while reading. For that, I use a stiff leather sleeve, like the one I posted in that thread.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #27
kaibob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yeah--I participated in that thread--I interpreted that as the poster was looking for protection while carrying the reader, not while reading. For that, I use a stiff leather sleeve, like the one I posted in that thread.

Shari
I distinguish between a cover and an envelope or sleeve, but other people probably don't. I'm sure I was wrong about what the other poster was looking for.

The envelope you suggested was quite attractive and costs only $4.00--you can't beat that.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #28
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:

Shari
Very nice leather sleeve, shalym !
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote