Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@feedbakbwr: I have seen that to. But, only on my Touch and not on my Glo. Other than this, the SD card is working fine with 2.6.1.
I have the same problem. The SD card works as expected with my Touch but not with my Glo. I have done many things to try to fix the problem, none of which have worked. This includes 1) pinhole reset, 2) sign out of account and resetup, 3) reformat the SD card (SD Card Association), 4) factory reset, and, 5) trying another card.

David, as far as you know is Kobo aware of this problem? Also, was this problem discovered during beta testing?
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
I have the same problem. The SD card works as expected with my Touch but not with my Glo. I have done many things to try to fix the problem, none of which have worked. This includes 1) pinhole reset, 2) sign out of account and resetup, 3) reformat the SD card (SD Card Association), 4) factory reset, and, 5) trying another card.

David, as far as you know is Kobo aware of this problem? Also, was this problem discovered during beta testing?
I don't have any more idea. That's the list of what I have tried. I have had a card that one reader saw, but the other didn't, but that has been solved with the firmware upgrades.

Kobo know about the problems reported earlier. But, your is different. I don't think I have heard of a case where the device didn't see any cards at all. Most times, it has been a particular card that is not seen. There has also been cases of one size of a brand not being seen. But, not seeing any card at all makes me wonder if it a hardware problem with your device.

What actually happens when you put the card in the Glo? Does the device hang for a bit? Any prompts? Does the card show on the device information? Or does nothing at all happen?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't have any more idea. That's the list of what I have tried. I have had a card that one reader saw, but the other didn't, but that has been solved with the firmware upgrades.

Kobo know about the problems reported earlier. But, your is different. I don't think I have heard of a case where the device didn't see any cards at all. Most times, it has been a particular card that is not seen. There has also been cases of one size of a brand not being seen. But, not seeing any card at all makes me wonder if it a hardware problem with your device.

What actually happens when you put the card in the Glo? Does the device hang for a bit? Any prompts? Does the card show on the device information? Or does nothing at all happen?
No David, my problem is identical to that of the OP (feedbakbwr), along with that reported by aerosol_grey. i.e. the books on the SD card are not loaded after a power-on. If the SD card is ejected and inserted while the Touch is on the books will then be loaded. The books will also stay loaded if the Touch is put into sleep mode but will not reload after a power-off.

This only happens with my Touch. With the same card and firmware on my Glo there is no problem. Also, when I did a factory reset on my Touch and before I updated with the current firmware the books on the SD card were loaded so the problem has to be the 2.6.1 firmware.

ETA: It appears that in my original post I incorrectly referred to the problem as happening with my Glo whereas it should said my Touch. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Last edited by Joe563; 06-18-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Clarification
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
No David, my problem is identical to that of the OP (feedbakbwr), along with that reported by aerosol_grey. i.e. the books on the SD card are not loaded after a power-on. If the SD card is ejected and inserted while the Touch is on the books will then be loaded. The books will also stay loaded if the Touch is put into sleep mode but will not reload after a power-off.

This only happens with my Touch. With the same card and firmware on my Glo there is no problem. Also, when I did a factory reset on my Touch and before I updated with the current firmware the books on the SD card were loaded so the problem has to be the 2.6.1 firmware.

ETA: It appears that in my original post I incorrectly referred to the problem as happening with my Glo whereas it should said my Touch. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
Yes, in that case it is identical. There seems to be a problem with the Touch seeing the SD card at power-up time. Which I have to admit is a lot better problem than the one I thought you had

Kobo do know about it, but when I reported it, I wasn't completely sure of the pattern. There is enough confirmation in this thread to be sure of it now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #20
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Thanks at least i know this is common.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #21
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Exactly my problem Only that it takes many, many times of removing/inserting the SD card until the reader would - finally - acknowledge it. In the mean time, by looking into the "settings" - "device information" section, the reader displays only the capacity of the internal memory.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote