Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #196
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
...Never ask a lawyer for advice, for he will say both No and Yes.

--Nathanael
If he says that much. There is a local commercial here in AZ for a law firm that has the lawyer saying a potential client asked if a driver needed legal representation in a certain situation. The response was something like all drivers are entitled to equal representation then goes on to extoll doing business with his law firm. He never answered the original question. If you ask a lawyer for his favorite color in one word, the response will be plaid.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #197
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
He never answered the original question. If you ask a lawyer for his favorite color in one word, the response will be plaid.

Sounds like a politician to me (but then most politicians are lawyers).

--Nathanael
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 AM   #198
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post

Sounds like a politician to me (but then most politicians are lawyers).

--Nathanael
Sadly, that's true.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #199
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nook HD+, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
Well, the strange thing is that the people who use the darknet are typically also those who purchase the *most*. I, for example, play a lot of video games. I never buy a video game unless I download and like it first. But if I do like it, I always buy it. Studies (I can't remember where, but I know I read it somewhere) have shown that many who torrent are similar to me. Personally, this is my planned way forward in the future. Download a book, if I like it, buy it. If not, don't. In fact, that can even be done legally with Amazon's 7-day return policy on ebooks ... as long as a digital copy exists.
oh yes
back in the old days of napster

i had to stop pirating songs - bought way too many CDs
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote