Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #166
Machinus
Enthusiast
Machinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This worked on my 5.8.10 that I had on airplane mode for 2 years.

I never thought this would get rooted! You guys are geniuses.
Machinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #167
Collodi
Collodi began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Hi, guys. I need some advice. I have a pw3 with firmware 5.6.5 with jailbreak activated. From which step do I have to start to install the 5.9.6.1? Thank you for your attention
Collodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #168
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
If your device is already jailbroken, then you can skip directly to step 6 (install hotfix).

Installing factory fw 5.9.6.1 is only necessary if you don't have the jailbreak yet.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #169
Collodi
Collodi began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
If your device is already jailbroken, then you can skip directly to step 6 (install hotfix).

Installing factory fw 5.9.6.1 is only necessary if you don't have the jailbreak yet.
Thankx a lot
Collodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:51 AM   #170
Zetren
Zetren began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Which firmware is ''best''? And how do I update to it without breaking my jailbreak? Thanks. I am currently on factory 5.9.6.1 after just having jailbroken it.
Zetren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2019, 07:05 AM   #171
Zetren

Sorry for the double post, I cannot edit any more. Basically what I'm asking is is it possible to update to the more recent firmwares on this device without losing jailbreak?
Old 09-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #172
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetren View Post
Which firmware is ''best''? And how do I update to it without breaking my jailbreak? Thanks. I am currently on factory 5.9.6.1 after just having jailbroken it.
I’d recommend 5.10.x
I think 5.11.x is able to subvert the over the air blocker file. Definitely 5.12.x does.

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 09-28-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:56 PM   #173
Zetren

Thanks, got 5.10.3, now how do I update while preserving my jailbreak?
Old 09-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #174
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Zetren:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As mentioned earlier, of FW update will basically throw you back to the post-hotfix step: you'll basically have to reinstall anything that came bundled in a .bin, except for the hotfix/bridge itself.

Speaking of the bridge/hotfix, you shouldn't ever need to reinstall it, unless you want to make extra sure it's got its hooks set in right before and/or after doing a severely destructive manipulation, like a factory reset. But, technically, if nothing untoward ever happened to your device, this shouldn't be needed, it's just a precaution.
Since you mention having just done the jailbreak, I'm going to assume everything's up to date, and you're not using some funky old copies, so, first paragraph.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #175
Zetren

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm unaware of what ''anything that came bundled in a .bin'' is referring to.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #176
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm unaware of what ''anything that came bundled in a .bin'' is referring to.
Have you tried to follow the instructions in the very first post in this thread?

It is very well written.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #177
Zetren

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Have you tried to follow the instructions in the very first post in this thread?

It is very well written.
So essentially homebrew, thanks.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #178
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I have no idea what you mean by that.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:03 AM   #179
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Zetren:

Since you mention having just done the jailbreak, I'm going to assume everything's up to date, and you're not using some funky old copies, so, first paragraph.
Quote:
Only in the sense that the postings here are the original work of their authors.

BUT it does not mean that we are "making this up as we go along".

Which includes descriptions of the filename pattern *.bin
More specifically, update_*.bin (a fixed name pattern used by both Amazon and Mobileread. A requirement of the package updater(s) ).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #180
Shahinshokoohi
Shahinshokoohi began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 3
Hi. Do you have jailbreak for Oasis 3(2019)?
Shahinshokoohi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw3, pw3 jailbreak