Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #166
twb010
twb010 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I got 2 cards, and with both of them I registered the day I got the card with no problems. The only thing I could suggest is to keep calling until you get someone who can help you.
twb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #167
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twb010 View Post
I got 2 cards, and with both of them I registered the day I got the card with no problems. The only thing I could suggest is to keep calling until you get someone who can help you.
Orr ask to speak toa supervisor and get it sorted while on the phone then and there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #168
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur
Lov2Read is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader 505
Via UPS

It just arrived. I highly doubt these are refurbished units. SN is 44985

Doesn't that first promotion of $50.00 in copyrighted books end tonight, the 31st, at midnight? I just might be able to get in on that. Interesting little gadget. I think I shall enjoy playing with it over the next few days....
Lov2Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:23 PM   #169
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You might actually find that you like it enough that you won't need or want to spend $350 on a Cybook Gen3 just yet.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #170
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Yes the promo does end tonight! Happy reading!!

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #171
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

May I just add that Sony Connect is already a royal pain in the %$##$$$!!!!!

I create an account. It gives me a confirmation page that such an account has indeed been created. When I then login, it tells me I don't have an account!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM   #172
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Did you login using your e-mail address as the username?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #173
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you login using your e-mail address as the username?
Yes, should I not have done that?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #174
dullmoment
dullmoment began at the beginning.

Device: NA
Doh, i think I am going to miss the boat the the $50 credit. I got a shipping notice on the 27th. Sadly it did not come into. What would you folks recommend. I called sony rewards and was told to call back when I get it in and see what they will do. Not very helpful.
dullmoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #175
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

Working now

I disconnected my Reader, closed out Sony Connect and rebooted my Computer. Then reloaded Sony Connect. And it now recognizes my account. Took 20 minutes...perhaps their computers had to update or something. Well, guess I will pick out my free books and give this little unit a try. I might not want to turn it over to the spouse until the Cybook is finally available!!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:39 PM   #176
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Again, once you find out how much you are enjoying it, you might not find the need to spend $350 on another reader.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM   #177
wdahab
wdahab began at the beginning.

I called Sony Rewards yesterday (Monday) about how the deal would be ending today, the 31st, and how since I ordered my reader 2 weeks in advance (which is, according to their policy, the set time frame for how long they say shipping will take) I would probably miss this deadline. First they tried to get me to be ok with the new deal that would be starting tomorrow, but when I insisted that I wanted the old deal (I can get classics for free anyway from manybooks, I've got my eyes set on some of the bundles they have on connect) he said he'd put a flag on my account so that after I activated it I could call them up and they'd give me the deal. So, if that happens accordingly, it should be pretty awesome. I got the shipped email yesterday, so hopefully I'll be getting it in just a couple days. But if anyone else ordered 2 weeks in advanced and misses the date, I'd say give them a call, and they seem to be pretty good about it.
wdahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #178
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Mine arrived today just in time. Total time since ordering is 2 weeks and 4 days.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:00 PM   #179
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Got mine just now.. I gotta jump on Sonyconnect now!!!!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 PM   #180
oggelbe2007
Limited Warranty
oggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enough

Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
That's not a bad turn around time. Two weeks and change appears to be holding true for most orders. Good deal, you get a free credit card to cut-up n' toss in the trash plus a slick little reader to play with - all in less than a month. Maybe some of the whining will stop now...but I doubt it.

ogg
oggelbe2007 is offline   Reply With Quote