Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #1
Siavahda
Zealot
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Question Restoring Missing Highlights (which are still in Clippings)?

This is puzzling; I opened a book today and found all my notes and highlights missing. (A big deal for me, as I'm a book reviewer and I need my notes on the text.) No idea what caused it, since I haven't updated recently or anything like that.

But when I dug out the My Clippings file - connecting my kindle to my pc and accessing the file that way - it still lists all my notes and highlights.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get my kindle to load my notes again? I already tried restarting, that didn't help.
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
MyClippings is only a copy of those notes.

Notes themselves are in folder which have names the same as the book + “.sdr” (stands for “sidecar”).

Did you by chance remove those folders from your Kindle storage recently?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:10 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
MyClippings is only a copy of those notes.

Notes themselves are in folder which have names the same as the book + “.sdr” (stands for “sidecar”).

Did you by chance remove those folders from your Kindle storage recently?
That would not matter if the book is purchased from Amazon, or a personal document stored in Library cloud; it would sync from cloud on next connection. I assume the book was side-loaded.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlights and notes, paperwhite 4