Works fine in Version 5 and before.

Looks like the same as Bug#1981657.

Using Linux Xubuntu 22.04

Currently using Calibre 6.4.0
drats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Remember Linux only supports 1 MTP device at a time.
Also check Preferences: ignored devices see if it got added there (remove tic)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've a Samung 7" and even disable of "gvfs mtp volume monitor" before connection doesn't work. Calibre's USB custom utility can see it.
All my many other Android 4 to 10 MTP devices work (Sony, Lenovo, irulu, Alcatel, Likebook Mars and others), some by just clicking unmount and others by stopping (not kill) the "gvfs mtp volume monitor" process before connecting USB so it never mounts on filesystem. Some Linux desktops have a don't automount setting that works (Cinnamon on Mint works), but Mate on Mint needs the monitor process stopped.

I can only make an extra directory on Linux, connect to that with Calibre and then in caja copy from that directory to the mounted Samsung 7" tablet.

So maybe some Samsung weirdness.

Though I've not used MTP on the other gadgets since upgrade from 5.44.x to 6.3.x which I was using. Now on 6.4.0 but not tried it again.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-04-2022 at 08:14 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:21 PM   #4
drats
drats began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD Plus
Whatever the problem was with Version 6 and Bug # 1981657,
It is now fixed in Version 7.0

I tried every version 6 that came out and never was able to get it to connect properly with the Tab A . Originally I was using Xubuntu, went to Debian 11 then Debian 12 and Now on Xubuntu 23.10, All failed to connect calibre with the Tab A. Now that I am on Version 7.0 I can see the Tab A with calibre and work with books.

I consider the problem solved, thanks for the new version.

drats
drats is offline   Reply With Quote