Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
UrzaMightstone
UrzaMightstone began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edge
Hello, and thank you for your reply

I tried both downloads under pocket edge...the only one i did not try is the user-made one that i decided not to- i want a stock version running for now if possible, and the beta should work on its own...or so i hope.
UrzaMightstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #17
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrzaMightstone View Post
...They should pull this from the market- the people here do an adequate job at customer support, while also offer development...
You do realize that entourage is no longer in business having closed in May 2011. The units being sold by Woot! are units acquried afterwards.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
UrzaMightstone

Hello, and thank you as well for your reply.

I am well aware that Entourage has "left the building" as they say- that is precicely why i am here, at a forum that is not affiliated, nor sponsored by them.

In regards to my failure to update this device, i report again taht 12th attempt have failed. Now, only solution is to try the user-moded version, although i am pretty sure that will fail as well. Hope this does not brick teh device...i do need it after all for my studies. I hoped to get the Edge version, but teh pocket was the only one available. Still, i plan to use this as it is suppossed to be used. IF, that is, i manage to make it work teh way it was suppossed to, i.e. with optimum (as possible) performance and a more recent android build.

Again, if any Advanced user/modder reads this, consider my case if possible. If anything, teh solution can be used by everyone else who is suffering from teh same failing updates.

Thanks in advance,
My Best Regards
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
UrzaMightstone

After 14 attempts, and numerous visits here, it finally worked...i did nothing different, i just repeated teh steps just like before but for some reason it worked.

Thank you again everyone- now i can finally use this device!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #20
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
It can be frustrating although I'm not always sure why. All of the update files I link to in my Resource Sticky are from other threads from forum members who have successfully upgraded so they are tried and tested. However, you aren't the only one who has faced the frustration. Glad to hear it works. Enjoy.

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #21
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Quote:
After 14 attempts, and numerous visits here, it finally worked...i did nothing different, i just repeated teh steps just like before but for some reason it worked.

Thank you again everyone- now i can finally use this device!
Congrats! Sometimes you just have to keep trying.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #22
UrzaMightstone

Thank you again everyone!!!

I already managed to isntall the amazon market and i am enjoying the 2.2 firmware thus far:-)
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #23
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Thank you again everyone!!!

I already managed to isntall the amazon market and i am enjoying the 2.2 firmware thus far:-)
Congrats, enjoy!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #24
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
One of the problems is with the holding down of the buttons. In some cases if you relax a little one of the buttons looses contact for an instant and the software reads that as a release of the button and boots as normal.

This problem appears on only some units due to tolerances in the components and does not matter in normal usage - only when updating.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #25
casantia
casantia began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
I'm having the same issue, saw those colored lines and have been trying for 2 days to get it to update. I'll be following this thread closely. I was able to upgrade 3 Edges successfully (whole fam has them!) but this last one is the black sheep. Thanks everyone for posting suggestions!
casantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #26
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
It can be frustrating although I'm not always sure why. All of the update files I link to in my Resource Sticky are from other threads from forum members who have successfully upgraded so they are tried and tested. However, you aren't the only one who has faced the frustration. Glad to hear it works. Enjoy.
@obsessed2
It might be beneficial if we could determine the Dingo version e.g. 1.6, 1.8, 1.13 etc when people have trouble. The beta was released after 1.10 EE and 1.13 PE. Could be the beta is expecting a particular file to be in a specfic area.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #27
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
@obsessed2
It might be beneficial if we could determine the Dingo version e.g. 1.6, 1.8, 1.13 etc when people have trouble. The beta was released after 1.10 EE and 1.13 PE. Could be the beta is expecting a particular file to be in a specfic area.
We could and that is a good idea. I have two PEs, one was running the original Dingo 1.13 and the other I updated to Dingo 1.6 and I was able to update both with no problem using the Over the Air update. However, maybe it might be better to update to Dingo 1.6 before attempting the Ermine upgrade.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #28
casantia
casantia began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
My Ermine update is now running, after 2 days of failed attempts and not really knowing what I was doing. Not sure what did the trick, but I did a factory reset, downloaded the file again and renamed without the .zip extension, then used 2 fingers on top of 2 fingers to make sure I held the keys down securely, and Bingo! I am one happy mama!
casantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #29
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by casantia View Post
My Ermine update is now running, after 2 days of failed attempts and not really knowing what I was doing. Not sure what did the trick, but I did a factory reset, downloaded the file again and renamed without the .zip extension, then used 2 fingers on top of 2 fingers to make sure I held the keys down securely, and Bingo! I am one happy mama!
Hip Hip Hooray. I wonder if the Factory reset helped

Most likely users may have problems because the update file is so large that even the slightest disruption or one corrupt file could render it unusable even though the zip file passes all cyclic redundancy error checks. I think you hit on the right solution however, sometimes you need to walk away from it, come back fresh and start from scratch. Glad to hear you got it working.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #30
evewea
evewea began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket EDGE
I understand your frustrations....I was about to give it all up also. Then I tried one last time...I downloaded the update file to a micro sd card...checked to see it was actually on the sd card....then I began the process of inserting the sd card into an "off" pocketedge...turned it on while holding down those 2 buttons ....but, just long enough for the "edge" to begin booting up....and then let it go.....(I did not hold for very long at all... maybe a few seconds ) and a miracle happened. The "edge" proceeded to continue the booting up and then there it was.....installed. I can't tell you how many times I tried it while holding those 2 buttons down for a long, long time with nothing happening.
I'm now enjoying using the pocketedge...........Good luck!
evewea is offline   Reply With Quote