Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #106
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur
DanielCoffey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Oberon seem to have taken down the link to the close-ups today. Hmm...

OK, well basically the close-ups showed the elastic corner on the top left and the leather corners on the other three. perhaps that was a beta cover and they are re-shooting them?
DanielCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #107
morrisnk
morrisnk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
These covers look great! Too bad I just bought an m-edge... After breaking my original clip and my deluxe clip, straps are the way to go for me!

Anyway, it looks like Oberon uses the same cover for the 505 and the 700. The 700 is slightly thicker and wider than the 505. Does this mean the 700 is snug or the 505 is loose? Looking at the pictures of the straps on the details page, the 700 looks just right, where as the 505 looks a bit not so right (bottom of the reader shots).

Probably not a big enough of a reason to worry about, but I'm not a leatherworker so I was wondering what other people thought.
morrisnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #108
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
I emailed Oberon and here is their response, "OH my gosh Kevin! We’ve been working long hours and trying to do too much too quickly. Thanks for alerting us to the problem. The images of the interior on the ‘splash’ pages are wrong..the strap and bungee are actually reversed…the bungee is on the left and the strap on the right. Also the pictures on the details page should read PRS700 Bottom and the second image to the right should read Top. Sorry for the horrible confusion. We’ll try to fix it today. Becca"

They have fixed the second page's labeling but the first page still shows the elastic strap in the wrong corner.
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #109
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I have the best wife ever! She ordered me the avenue of trees cover for my prs-500 for my birthday. Should have it early next week. I'll let everyone know (if anyone is interested) how the Oberon covers work with the 500.

I am so excited about the new cover. Just wish I had it for my birthday instead of having to wait.

Still, I wouldn't have bought one for myself (I was planning on buying her the butterfly cover). Now, if it fits and works well on my 500, I'll have to get the butterfly cover for her.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #110
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
I have the best wife ever! She ordered me the avenue of trees cover for my prs-500 for my birthday. Should have it early next week. I'll let everyone know (if anyone is interested) how the Oberon covers work with the 500.

I am so excited about the new cover. Just wish I had it for my birthday instead of having to wait.

Still, I wouldn't have bought one for myself (I was planning on buying her the butterfly cover). Now, if it fits and works well on my 500, I'll have to get the butterfly cover for her.
She is one smart lady...reverse giving often results in the perfect presents!!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #111
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
Dang ulterior motives!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:50 AM   #112
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
Quote:
Dang ulterior motives!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #113
junkml
Addict

Got my Oberon cover that my wife ordered for my birthday. WOW! This thing is gorgeous!

The only drawback for the 500 is that the bottom left strap runs over the power switch, but it's still pretty easy to push it to power up.

Definitely seems like it's going to hold the 500 securely (figured it would, there's not that much of a difference in size with the 505.

If anyone is interested I can post some pictures later.

Once again, I just have to say I've got the best wife ever!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #114
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Got my Oberon cover that my wife ordered for my birthday. WOW! This thing is gorgeous!

The only drawback for the 500 is that the bottom left strap runs over the power switch, but it's still pretty easy to push it to power up.

Definitely seems like it's going to hold the 500 securely (figured it would, there's not that much of a difference in size with the 505.

If anyone is interested I can post some pictures later.

Once again, I just have to say I've got the best wife ever!
Thanks, I would love to see a picture.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #115
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
These look awesome. The only trouble will be picking out which one to get.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #116
junkml
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Thanks, I would love to see a picture.
I'll be posting pictures later, but I have a question for anyone who has a 505 and an Oberon cover. Has anyone seen whether/how the light-wedge for the 505 might fit in the oberon cover? I'm looking at the light wedge, and with the construction of the oberon cover, it almost looks like I could fit the light wedge into the cover and use it with my 500. I'm tempted to go to target and buy one to try.

Here's the Light Wedge I'm talking about
Old 07-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #117
junkml
Addict

Some pictures. As you can see, the main problem is the corner strap running over the power switch, but this isn't too much of an inconvenience. you can still manage to slide it to power up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02441.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	879.2 KB
ID:	32515   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02443.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	839.4 KB
ID:	32516   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02446.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	888.5 KB
ID:	32517   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02451.JPG
Views:	478
Size:	903.4 KB
ID:	32518   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02453.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	827.1 KB
ID:	32519  
Old 07-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #118
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Thank you junkml for the pictures! It's beautiful.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #119
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
I'll be posting pictures later, but I have a question for anyone who has a 505 and an Oberon cover. Has anyone seen whether/how the light-wedge for the 505 might fit in the oberon cover? I'm looking at the light wedge, and with the construction of the oberon cover, it almost looks like I could fit the light wedge into the cover and use it with my 500. I'm tempted to go to target and buy one to try.

Here's the Light Wedge I'm talking about
I have the lightwedge you were asking about and I'm really not sure how it would work with the Oberon Cover, which is really too bad because I have my eye on the red cover with the Sun (another reason I wish I would've gotten the RED 505!) Basically the lightwedge cover has clips just like the cover that the 505 came with, except the lightwedge cover has two clips..one for the 505 and one for the lightwedge. with the way the Oberon cover looks, there would be no way to attach the lightwedge.

Personally, what I would do is get a mighty bright booklight instead of the lightwedge. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would not get the lightwedge.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #120
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
yesterday I got my early birthday pressie (actual b-day is Dec 24) from my sister; an Oberon cover for my 505 in the da Vinci design in Saddle color---I LOVE it!! It fits perfectly and is very comfortable to use. I'm so happy with it!

Happy birthday to me!!!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote