Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #556
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, installing this again is proving a challenge to put it mildly... After getting the 'Generator error' message on NickelMenu I tried reinstalling the KoReader+Plato package. This is the dialogue I get from Terminal on my Mac M1 Silicon:

Last login: Fri Apr 23 20:44:58 on ttys000
steveparry@Steves-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Volumes/KOBOeReader/install.command ; exit;
No supported packages found in the current directory (/Volumes/KOBOeReader)!
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I then properly eject the Kobo Libra but there is no instant rebooting. So I'm back to square one I do not understand what I'm doing wrong! And thanks for your help Niluje - sorry for cross-posting earlier. Is it something to do with having an updated firmware and something to do with 'nix directory' ?

Last edited by steveparry; 04-23-2021 at 03:54 PM.
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #557
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
Well, installing this again is proving a challenge to put it mildly... After getting the 'Generator error' message on NickelMenu I tried reinstalling the KoReader+Plato package. This is the dialogue I get from Terminal on my Mac M1 Silicon:

Last login: Fri Apr 23 20:44:58 on ttys000
steveparry@Steves-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Volumes/KOBOeReader/install.command ; exit;
No supported packages found in the current directory (/Volumes/KOBOeReader)!
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I then properly eject the Kobo Libra but there is no instant rebooting. So I'm back to square one I do not understand what I'm doing wrong! And thanks for your help Niluje - sorry for cross-posting earlier. Is it something to do with having an updated firmware and something to do with 'nix directory' ?
Are you on the directory where your *.zip files are? Seeing /Volumes/KoboeReader, probably not...
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2021, 07:48 AM   #558
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe so. I downloaded the two zip files (Koreader package + install command), copied them onto the Kobo volume, then unzipped first the KoReader package then the install command. Then I opened the Install command and that is the dialogue I got back.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #559
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
I believe so. I downloaded the two zip files (Koreader package + install command), copied them onto the Kobo volume, then unzipped first the KoReader package then the install command. Then I opened the Install command and that is the dialogue I got back.
According to the directions in the 2nd post of this thread, you have to put the two ZIP files in the same directory on the computer (not the Kobo). UnZIP the install script to that directory and then run the install script.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #560
steveparry
Connoisseur

Many thanks JSWolf. That did it. My misunderstanding.
Advert
Old 04-25-2021, 11:53 AM   #561
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E + Kobo Elipsa 2E
I've misunderstood the instructions too, about the proper order in which to install the ps1 script. So it's:
1. download OCP-KOReader-v2021.04.zip to DL folder (on computer)
2. download the install.ps1 file, place it in the same DL folder (on computer)
3. run install.ps1 script (which will modify the KOReader zip file)
3a. connect the device
4. extract the OCP-KOreader zip to root directory of device
5. eject, unplug
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #562
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

deleted (my mistake)

found the new "activate white/black background behind message"

Last edited by serdar0020; 04-25-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #563
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
I've misunderstood the instructions too, about the proper order in which to install the ps1 script. So it's:
3. run install.ps1 script (which will modify the KOReader zip file)
3a. connect the device
4. extract the OCP-KOreader zip to root directory of device
5. eject, unplug
Minor corrections:
  3. connect the device
  4. run install.ps1 script which modifies the Kobo eReader.conf file with the ignore hidden directories and installs KOReader and/or Plato.
  5. eject, unplug

Basically, the Kobo must be connected for the script to do anything useful. Otherwise, you will get the following error message:

Code:
PS C:\users\david\desktop> .\install.ps1
Couldn't find a Kobo eReader volume! Is one actually mounted?
* Nothing to do! Press Enter to exit:
Edit: Added what I see when I run install.ps1 with a Kobo connected:

Code:
PS C:\users\david\desktop> .\install.ps1

* Here are the available packages:
0: OCP-Plato-0.9.16_KOReader-v2021.04.zip

* Enter the number corresponding to the one you want to install: 0
* Preventing Nickel from scanning hidden directories . . .
* Installing OCP-Plato-0.9.16_KOReader-v2021.04.zip . . .
* Installation successful!
* Please make sure to unplug your device safely!
Press Enter to exit:

Last edited by DNSB; 04-26-2021 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added output from a successful run 2nd edit to correct typo
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:00 AM   #564
serdar0020
Zealot

and "4a. extract the OCP-KOReader-v2021.04.zip to the root directory of device h:\"

right?
Old 04-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #565
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@serdar0020: That's a resounding *NO*.

@DNSB's recap is entirely correct, complete, and to the point (thanks!).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:56 PM   #566
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
and "4a. extract the OCP-KOReader-v2021.04.zip to the root directory of device h:\"

right?
Definitely wrong. The original .zip file is not modified but it's contents are copied to the attached Kobo ereader (the "* Installing OCP-Plato-0.9.16_KOReader-v2021.04.zip . . ." line in the output I posted) by the install script.

Hmm... I should have read NiLuJe's reply first.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-26-2021 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Read to end of thread before replying error.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:15 AM   #567
serdar0020
Zealot

after my update to 2021.04 my punctuation marks look weird and I can't find the settings how to fix that (the epub looks fine in calibre or sigil)

Spoiler:
Old 05-01-2021, 12:07 PM   #568
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@serdar0020: That looks like a weird encoding mishap. Would you mind sending me a copy of the affected book *via PM* to double-check?

(I'd have proposed a scrambled copy, but the scrambling process would probably defeat the purpose of exposing the issue and/or would actually fix it ^^).

----

EDIT: For future reference, that was a broken book. (A <meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/> in head while it was encoded in UTF-8). A 'Polish book' pass in calibre will fix it.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-02-2021 at 11:41 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:30 AM   #569
serdar0020
Zealot

done. thanks a lot
Old 05-11-2021, 02:38 AM   #570
serdar0020
Zealot

I know pdf's are not as popular here as they are with me, and it might be due to some OCR mistakes, but in this pdf I'm reading in reflow text mode, very often when there's page split with footnotes or chapter headings, the characters become huge and the lines get muddled

Spoiler:

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato