Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
[Kindle] Dropbox integration for Kindle

Hi. Is there a chance that somebody write an app that make Dropbox integration with our Kindles? :-)
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.dropbox.com/help/247/en

looking
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
how about this one? https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader/

easy KUAL script to sync a folder...

OK not quite so easy as I imagined. Got it working fine on my laptop, so I know it works. Thing is, it requires Bash, not the busybox version. I exported it from deb but I'm having some issues. Still trying...

Anybody know how to get a full bash? obviously there is a ton of stuff here. the executable bash works, but there is no shopts of whatever - I have no idea here.

Last edited by brianinmaine; 11-18-2013 at 03:29 PM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have bash somewheres... one sec

ah yeah https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...46&postcount=1

and there is a kindle 3 one there too..
Old 11-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok partial sucess. I logged in by using your bash then the script on the same line - followed prompts and was sucessful in that. Next I tried the dropShell script and had a problem - so I'll try to get that next.

Thanks for the bash - I looked but didn't find. Or I did it differently this time.

ok modified scripts to keep login info using HOME env variable. dropbox_uploader.sh works fine and can list files on dropbox, and download. Great there. Still issue with dropShell.sh

OK dropShell uses readlink which is also part of busybox, so my question - it looks like the one script would be fine to upload/download/list files:

Dropbox Uploader v0.12.1
Andrea Fabrizi - andrea.fabrizi@gmail.com

Usage: ./dropbox_uploader.sh COMMAND [PARAMETERS]...

Commands:
upload [LOCAL_FILE/DIR] <REMOTE_FILE/DIR>
download [REMOTE_FILE/DIR] <LOCAL_FILE/DIR>
delete [REMOTE_FILE/DIR]
move [REMOTE_FILE/DIR] [REMOTE_FILE/DIR]
copy [REMOTE_FILE/DIR] [REMOTE_FILE/DIR]
mkdir [REMOTE_DIR]
list <REMOTE_DIR>
share [REMOTE_FILE]
info
unlink

Optional parameters:
-f [FILENAME] Load the configuration file from a specific file
-s Skip already existing files when download/upload. Default: Overwrite
-d Enable DEBUG mode
-q Quiet mode. Don't show messages
-p Show cURL progress meter
-k Doesn't check for SSL certificates (insecure)

For more info and examples, please see the README file.

why bother with the Shell thing? This can all run with kterm, right?

Last edited by brianinmaine; 11-18-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
brianinmaine
Evangelist

heres what I got so far - it's plenty for me.

the dropbox_uploader.sh script must be run in a ssh shell first, then follow instructions to copy and past the key and stuff, then authenticate. It will store the credentials in a hidden file. After that you can run the KUAL button to open it in kterm and do what you want. this is not drag and drop, but I think you can use wildcards. make a script to auto sync or something. Good luck!

edit: package removed - see later post

Last edited by brianinmaine; 11-19-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
brianinmaine
Evangelist

wildcards do not work. just found this:
https://github.com/Nyr/DropboxBackup
maybe it would be a solution.

I'm thinking it might be handy to have my own simple backup place for the whole /mnt/us or maybe just documents or maybe just extensions... not sure yet, I'll probably add a couple scripts to the above package if this works well.

I guess I only get 2Gb for free unless I get referals or something: https://db.tt/R12iCAPD don't click if you don't want to. If this is against forum rules, DELETE it!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
brianinmaine
Evangelist

yeah that script tar.gzips whatever you want then uploads it. good enough if you just want a backup. I was hoping for more of a recursive file upload - like rsync or something. Hmm.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
yeah that script tar.gzips whatever you want then uploads it. good enough if you just want a backup. I was hoping for more of a recursive file upload - like rsync or something. Hmm.
very cool
Old 11-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
This requires nautlius. sadly. which requires gconf. And I believe also launches into the toolbar. Which we also dont have.
and requires python and pygtk just for extra fun.

so... short of doing a lot of faffing, not in the short term no.

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
brianinmaine
Evangelist

OK I'm dumb. I read the script again and it can do whole folders, not with wildcards, just use folder names. Duh! So I made a couple scripts to sync files, but I can't try them out until tomorrow. Or make one yourself:
Code:
dropbox_uploader.sh mkdir /kindle/db
dropbox_uploader.sh upload -s /mnt/us/db /kindle/db
I'm making them into KUAL buttons, so basically upload all, download all, kterm window. Sound good?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #12
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
OK I'm dumb. I read the script again and it can do whole folders, not with wildcards, just use folder names. Duh! So I made a couple scripts to sync files, but I can't try them out until tomorrow. Or make one yourself:
Code:
dropbox_uploader.sh mkdir /kindle/db
dropbox_uploader.sh upload -s /mnt/us/db /kindle/db
I'm making them into KUAL buttons, so basically upload all, download all, kterm window. Sound good?
mighty awesome.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #13
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
What about using FUSE ?
https://github.com/arekzb/dropfuse
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:22 AM   #14
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
What about using FUSE ?
https://github.com/arekzb/dropfuse
Looks fine - how would you implement it? Remotely mounting the drive is fine, maybe use rsync then? Go for it!

So far I've had a dropbox account for about 2 years and only use it for testing... This whole project just isn't useful to me. What do others think? Maybe we could easily share extensions or something in a public folder?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
brianinmaine
Evangelist

final version. change the scripts to suit your setup.
I have a folder "/mnt/us/db" with items in there.

To set up initially, you must open a ssh shell and run the dropbox_uploader.sh script directly with no options. It will then give you further instructions to create a lasting config file with your dropbox credentials.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip dbuploader.zip (385.3 KB, 364 views)