Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten S View Post
Got mine yesterday and already broke it- typical me

I did a format (MBR) FAT32 on the internal 1GB flash and now when it boots the thing only shows to items (folder called "Digital Editions" and a txt file "usb is connect...").

What was the former folders? maybe it will help making new ones..
Why would you format the Cool-er? Did it need it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ninja13 View Post
I might actually be interested in knowing how the flashing issue goes with the tech support, Carsten.

I still cannot authorize the cool-er with ADE, and I suspect something's wrong with the details in a file inside the Digital Editions folder, so maybe a factory reset will help.

I seem to have a strange behaviour with the battery indicator, as it's always half empty when I'm reading a book (the battery is fully charged), but it show correctly as full when I'm in the library.

Paolo
Sometimes to get the battery meter to work properly, you have to let the device fully drain and then fully charge just to calibrate the battery.
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #78
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sometimes to get the battery meter to work properly, you have to let the device fully drain and then fully charge just to calibrate the battery.
I doubt that netronix use such a complex battery charger
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
I doubt that netronix use such a complex battery charger
It's not just a Netronix issue.. it's that way on a lot of devices. Sony included.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #80
Carsten S
Carsten S began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G | COOL-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would you format the Cool-er? Did it need it?
First I renamed some of the default folders to my native language (danish), and experienced problems like blank folders, and couldn't delete a txt file.

So I thought that formatting (like on other gadgets) was the solution but of course that was a mistake since the COOL-ER didn't create a default folder structure via boot or reset.
Carsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #81
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Here comes your pic, Godzil

Attachment 32449
It seems like the picture looks pretty ok to me!
I'd not be able to say if it only had 4 grey scales!

Can you try to show a picture of how these photo's looks like on the cooler?:

http://realcolorwheel.com/tablet.htg...nwide72dpi.png
http://bluelobsterart.com/wordpress/...r-wheel-lg.jpg
I'm interested in how the color palette displays and how the color changes (light to darker) are being displayed.

Thank you!

Last edited by ProDigit; 07-17-2009 at 12:09 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #82
Frools
Frools began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
This is really not a good thing if there are memory issues... I hope they will fix this
it seems to be related to loading metadata for a book

if i open a (fairly large) book, go to a page, or set a bookmark
go back to the library and try to reopen it then it will just reset everytime
if i then plug it in to my pc and rename the file it will open the next time just fine
very odd

also sometimes going back to the library causes it to reset, again usually if you've been reading a large book

does feel like a memory issue but surely 128mb is enough to load a 500kb ePUB book :|

edit; think ill run some tests later with various different book formats
Frools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #83
xtreamcool
xtreamcool began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Thanks.

Still won't work though, after I changed the folder's back to their original names.

I just can't go from reading a book back to the library page without resetting it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodical View Post
The original folders are:
Digital Editions
Free eBooks
My Audio
My Docs

I am using a PC, and I have added three other folders without any problems.
When my Cool-er crashes, it simply switches itself off - and back on again - without me doing anything about it!

My latest crash came when I had converted a book from (unsecure) Mobipocket with Calibre to be compatible with the Cool-er, and it had no table of contents..... when I tried to view the table of contents, the Cool-er crashed! The previous crash came about when I had several books opened, but none bookmarked and I suspect I just challenged the memory a step too far!
xtreamcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #84
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
This is definitely the thread to read for those who are interested in purchasing a Cool-er.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #85
Frools

OK had a little mess around with formats
~700 page book in a 1.6mb html
1.3mb txt
and a 0.6mb ePUB

also had a random pdf of something else i had lying around

the epub loaded once, went to page 150, put a bookmark, went back to library and it reset
reset when loading the book again every time afterwards

html, txt and pdf files all loaded fine (although slower than the epub), navigated to page 150, set bookmark, exited to library
went back in, jumped to bookmark, exited to library again
all fine

so its very definately related to the epub format
although its kinda odd that it opens it just fine once but not again
hope they fix this soon tbh, epub is my prefered format :|

Also doesnt seem to happen with smaller ePUB files, i have a 40kb ePUB book on there too which loads fine (and much faster than html/txt) everytime

will try and find the threshold for crashing
Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #86
Periodical
Periodical began at the beginning.

Device: a purple Cool-er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frools View Post

will try and find the threshold for crashing
I'll try NOT to!
Periodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #87
Frools

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodical View Post
I'll try NOT to!
cant find it

doesnt actually seem to be related to size, seems to be the construction of the actual epub file

i managed to open/bookmark/exit/reopen a 1mb 1000page epub fine (if a little slow)
and also converting hte original html of a book to epub using calibre caused it to reset but using stanza didnt (although calibre produced a far better book, go figure )

all i can suggest is if you have a problem with a book causing your cooler to reset, try converting it in a different app or using a different format
at least for now
Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #88
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

It impossible with such crashes that they pass the Adobe certification :/

Could some of the purshasers ask them about the certification?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #89
Godzil

Ho good pictures too
Thanks, I will test them on my own Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
It seems like the picture looks pretty ok to me!
I'd not be able to say if it only had 4 grey scales!

Can you try to show a picture of how these photo's looks like on the cooler?:

http://realcolorwheel.com/tablet.htg...nwide72dpi.png
http://bluelobsterart.com/wordpress/...r-wheel-lg.jpg
I'm interested in how the color palette displays and how the color changes (light to darker) are being displayed.

Thank you!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #90
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frools View Post
cant find it

doesnt actually seem to be related to size, seems to be the construction of the actual epub file

i managed to open/bookmark/exit/reopen a 1mb 1000page epub fine (if a little slow)
and also converting hte original html of a book to epub using calibre caused it to reset but using stanza didnt (although calibre produced a far better book, go figure )

all i can suggest is if you have a problem with a book causing your cooler to reset, try converting it in a different app or using a different format
at least for now
I have not experienced any epub crashes, so far. Well not exactly true: One ePub didn't open and the system didn't stop loading, so I had to do a reset. Even a 5.6 mb ePub worked fine.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote