Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 02:00 AM   #1
koboist
koboist began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Epub without DRM, but "not authorized to open"

A friend got the "not authorized to open" message on their Kobo Clara 2E (tested firmware versions 4.35 to 4.38) and asked me to test that epub on my Kobo Glo. I was able to read the epub just fine. I also inspected the file, but there was no indication that it contained any kind of DRM. Both devices have never enabled WiFi.

Why is the Kobo Clara 2E not authorized to open that epub?
koboist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:35 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Reboot the Clara. That bug pops up now and then. It seems to be a problem with RMSDK (the EPUB reading engine), and there's probably nothing wrong with the book.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo clara 2e