Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-24-2024, 05:50 AM   #1
laverdure
laverdure began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
New language column

Hello everyone.
I would like to add to my library a field to store the original language of a book, in the case it's a translation. I would like this field behaves exactly as the Languages field in the basic metadata window.
I searched around and I was not able to find something related.
Could someone help me ?

Thanks a lot
Emanuele
laverdure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 09:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to add a second builtin laguages like column but you can add a freeform text column and store whatever you like there including languages.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 09:02 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have this custom column:

Click image for larger version

Name:	orig-lang column.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	210995

Which I've populated with:

Click image for larger version

Name:	orig-lang values.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	7.8 KB