Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 03:55 PM   #1
Thargor
Connoisseur
Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Disable Swipe to Unlock?

I managed to disable swipe to unlock years ago on my Forma but its back after a recent factory reset, I have searched and searched but cant find it again, does anyone know how to do it or is it not possible on the most recent FW?
Thargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Try a search for UnlockEnabled (or actually UnlockEnabeled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I assume you are referring to
UnlockEnabeled=false in the PowerOptions section of the .kobo/Kobo/KoboeReader.conf file

And agreed this was very popular when it first came out in FW back in 2018! I loved it, loved to hate it that is

I don't see any setting in the UI for it on my Forma, at least not in the Energy Saving and Privacy settings page, which is where I would expect it to be.

I don't patch for this or use the conf file fix either one and never see this anymore so it sure seems to be less intrusive as you say. I do have the sleep cover so shouldn't see it anyway but if I do disable the sleep cover function in the UI I still don't see the swipe to unlock screen on my Forma but I likely don't remember the details in how to make it happen. I hated it when it was introduced but that was three years ago and my memory isn't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The swipe up to unlock was a feature introduced with the Forma and is only on the Forma. I remember it being very popular

One of the updates changed it so it was less intrusive. But, I thought an option to turn it off was added. I don't have a Forma near me to check. There is an option for the config file "UnlockEnabled" to turn it off. Or turn it in on other devices. I don't remember if it is in the UI on the Forma.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote