Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2024, 09:02 PM   #1
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
RSC Shakespeare to any Kindle format?

I've first edition of RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works in .epub format. I prefer it over 2nd edition because it's without all the image and text bloat, plus I'm not quite willing to spend cash on another version of the book that I already own. I just can't get it to convert into any Kindle format. It's a massive, complex .epub, with huge number of links, and somewhat questionable formatting. Editors simply replaced text with images in certain places.

Could it be just hopless case because of bad formatting, or is there something I can try?
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:13 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You could try opening it either in Sigil or in the calibre ebook editor (either with the epubcheck plugin installed) and run epubcheck on the ePub and see what errors it comes up with.

A quick and dirty solution if calibre will not convert the book to azw3 is to try an epub=>epub conversion first and then try the epub=>azw3 conversion though that can cause some odd glitches in the formatting.

One quick question is where the original ePub came from? Was it the Gutenberg complete Shakespeare or elsewhere? Both the ePub3 and ePub2 versions I got from there a while back did not trigger any errors but the basic formatting was sad.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-11-2024 at 11:16 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 05:32 PM   #3
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks. You got me on the right path. I opened it in Sigil, it detected some html errors, and fixed them for me. Then epub to azw3 went through. Epub to kfx still didn't work, but I'm content by it having it in azw3.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote