Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2024, 08:38 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Why not explicitly sync directories?
Because
1. I can't be bothered with ADB. I think I've used it on Linux to delete or hide really stupid apps?
2. I'm not accessing Calibre files ever except by Calibre.
3. I don't want everything copied.
4. I might not want whichever Android thing to have the latest version of a file but deliberately be using an older version in the short term.

I do use rsync for two different backup schemes. I make sure nothing in the target areas (too or from) has any applications running/accessing.

I'd rather use Calibre via MTP even than opds with Pocketbook app on Android, thought that works nicely. Unlike my ereaders I often have WiFi on on the regular Android gear. Also we have good wifi upstairs and in the workshop (3 airpoints, 2 are in a Mesh via 1Gbps ethernet). The WiFi is about x10 slower in living room, but it has 3 x 1 Gbps Ethernet outlets.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 09:33 AM   #17
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
1. I can't be bothered with ADB.
Whatever, then use some MTP client that's automatible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
3. I don't want everything copied.
That's a reason for using filtering by directory, filetype, whatever.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:27 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

And I need do nothing (customization) but wait if I do it the existing way.

Plus:
Less work for Kovid (and crew) because they got it wrong (or forgot they did SET IT UP 10Y ago) and it no longer works.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:28 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Talking

Quote:
Whatever, then use some MTP client that's automatible.

I don't want automatic or to know about files. I like a library Metadata interface. I know how to automate.

That's why I manage all ebooks and some PDFs via Calibre and why I read novels on a Kobo and ditched KOReader on Kobo.

This is the Calibre section of this site?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote