Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old Today, 12:16 AM   #1
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Koreader crashed, I deleted and reinstalled, it's set up exactly as I had it. How?

Hello! I'm just curious and wanting to understand what happened.

I loaded a bunch of ePubs on my Kobo Libra 2, and after that, Koreader wouldn't open but instead just closed itself. So I deleted the Koreader file and the other file that is usually installed with it. Then I reinstalled all over again.

I was expecting to have to set everything up again, the custom font, all the settings how I like it - but when I opened Koreader, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that everything was exactly as I had left it, even the custom font I had installed before.

I am super happy about not having to set it all up again, but I'm also really curious how that happened, if I deleted all the Koreader files off the Kobo before I reinstalled again?

Thanks
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:25 AM   #2
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toys

Device: Likebook Mars
What file(s) did you delete exactly? KOReader lives in the hidden /.adds/koreader/ directory on a Kobo. If you delete that whole directory, everything would indeed be gone. You possibly only deleted the launch script?
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #3
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
What file(s) did you delete exactly? KOReader lives in the hidden /.adds/koreader/ directory on a Kobo. If you delete that whole directory, everything would indeed be gone. You possibly only deleted the launch script?
That makes sense - I only deleted the Koreader "book" which I'm assuming is the launch script you mention, and the other file that is installed with it. I guess I thought that by doing that, it would have deleted the entire Koreader directory in .adds.

I've had issues with Koreader crashing like this a few times, the other two times I had to factory reset the Kobo and then start over from scratch, because Koreader wouldn't work even after reinstalling it. This time it did, so it's very welcome news that I won't have to start over every single time!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote