Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old Today, 12:11 AM   #1
bri
bri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toysbri shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Talking [release] Filebrowser.koplugin: manage files on your e-reader from your web browser

Filebrowser.koplugin
browser-based, drag-and-drop file management for KOReader.

I hacked together a plug-in for KOReader to control the Filebrowser file server.

This plug-in enables you to drag and drop to upload books and other files, edit config files, move, rename, etc. from a web browser.

Download | GitHub repository

Simply download the latest release for your e-reader type (as far as I know all Kindles use armv7, and I think Kobos do too), and extract it to your
Code:
koreader/plugins
folder.

Filebrowser.koplugin is inspired by the Filebrowser KUAL extension, but only directly based on the Syncthing.koplugin which itself is based on the included SSH plugin.

(And it was written in vi running on my Kindle itself via an SSH server, because I’m a fierce hacker girl.)

This was only tested on a jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018), but in theory it should work on any platform KOReader runs on, as long as it can launch external binaries. I’m currently only releasing armv7 and arm64 targets, as that probably covers almost all platforms supported by KOReader.

Please try and report back with success or failure. If anyone has a device this doesn’t work on, let me know. I’ll see what I can do!
bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:00 AM   #2
greentea
Enthusiast
greentea began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Just WOW. Fast, beautiful, stable. Thank you!
greentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56 AM   #3
rexjoe
rexjoe began at the beginning.

Device: none
It runs well on kobo fw 4.38.23038. A good way for transfer my ebooks from PC.
rexjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
congrats, sounds like a fun and nice hack

The app is pretty awesome, too.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file management, plugin, plugin development, release