Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #46
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It would be nice, but would it sell? Having the same screen size with and without buttons would cost Kobo more money without generating any benefit.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 AM   #47
Mr Dalliard
Mr Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
Asymmetrical readers, and not as comfy and know this fact after owning an oasis and found the 7" bulky compared to the Clara, and in no way miss the buttons.
That’s just your opinion, man.

I tried the Clara in the store and it was just too tiny. I have large hands and prefer to hold my reader by the side in just one of them. I hold my Libra color by the wide edge with the buttons under my thumb. If one hand tires or I lean the other way I flip it over and do the same with the other hand. I have been using a wide range of readers for more than 12 years and this is by far the most comfortable device I have ever used. This is not a fact. It is an opinion and I would never be so self-centred as to assume or believe that it applied to anyone else.

As for the weight, it’s less than 200 grams. Most paper books weigh more. If I ever have a problem with something that light I’ll hit the gym more often.

Last edited by Mr Dalliard; Today at 03:07 AM.
Mr Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:46 AM   #48
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It would be nice, but would it sell? Having the same screen size with and without buttons would cost Kobo more money without generating any benefit.
Wouldn't it be a benefit for people who wanted a larger ereader without buttons? A benefit to Kobo since customers wouldn't to Kindle to get a larger ereader in a format they prefer?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
No reader is free of buttons. Otherwise we'd have no way to turn it on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:54 AM   #50
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No reader is free of buttons. Otherwise we'd have no way to turn it on.
Nope.

Companies could listen to your proselytizing and make an ereader with a builtin sleep cover.

Edit: or use a switch.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote