Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Why have you purchased public-domain eBooks?
Better formatting 6 31.58%
Better translation 11 57.89%
Additional things (front matter, annotations, artwork) 9 47.37%
By mistake (e.g. didn't realize it was PD) 1 5.26%
Other (specify) 4 21.05%
I haven't purchased public-domain eBooks. 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Should I be counting the 100 PD ebooks that came on the original Kobo and Kobo WiFi?
I'd forgotten those! I think I have a list somewhere of what all of those were.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've got a zip file of them I downloaded years back. Reminds me of my first contact with Kobo support when the original refused to open a book with a ' in the title. (A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court). Dug out an epub with the list of the books which should be attached to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Kobo 100 Free eBooks by Author - Ima Pseudonym.epub (81.0 KB, 2 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
If you want the last poll option removed, how about deleting the second post since it is not about a copyrighted book?
It most certainly is about a book in copyright. The translation and the images make it in copyright.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It most certainly is about a book in copyright. The translation and the images make it in copyright.
My apologies. The question was about books in the public domain. The second post starts talking about a post that isn't in the the public domain. The second post needs to be deleted.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #20
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seem to recall purchasing some PD books on a CD back in the '90s when I was reading them on a Sony Clie

Same here (but I had a Palm Pilot). My reason was "other." Specifically, convenience.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote