Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #61
foosion
Addict
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You could just as easily put the left-align in the body text of the individual books and leave justifcation off on your Kobo. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Based on my experience, setting the Kobo to left justify results in fewer edits to end up where I want. In particular, very few books have centering issues I care about.

I have noticed that there is a tremendous variety in the number of CSS entries (and corresponding complexity) in ebooks and more complex tends to mean more things I don't like.

YMMV.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Based on my experience, setting the Kobo to left justify results in fewer edits to end up where I want. In particular, very few books have centering issues I care about.

I have noticed that there is a tremendous variety in the number of CSS entries (and corresponding complexity) in ebooks and more complex tends to mean more things I don't like.

YMMV.
Do you remove unused CSS before you go about editing the CSS? This can remove hundreds of of unused classes in some cases.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 PM   #63
foosion
Addict
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you remove unused CSS before you go about editing the CSS? This can remove hundreds of of unused classes in some cases.
Yes, although in many books that still leaves a large number of classes.

I'm amazed at how many unused classes there are in some books. I suppose some publishers, or some software, has a standard large number of classes for all CSS, then just uses whatever may be desirable.
Old Today, 07:08 PM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I'm amazed at how many unused classes there are in some books. I suppose some publishers, or some software, has a standard large number of classes for all CSS, then just uses whatever may be desirable.
Most publishers have a stock stylesheet or three which are used in every book. Since most publishers do not remove unused stylesheet entries before ending the editing process, those entries will be there for our amusement.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:10 PM   #65
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Personally, I remove all the text-align: justify; entries from the stylesheet and use a single text-align: left; in the body style.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:56 PM   #66
foosion
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I remove all the text-align: justify; entries from the stylesheet and use a single text-align: left; in the body style.
For books without a body style, would you just add

Code:
body {
  text-align: left;
}
to the CSS

perhaps including in body:

Code:
  font-size: normal;
  margin: 0 0 0 0;
  padding: 0;
Old Today, 10:07 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
For books without a body style, would you just add

Code:
body {
  text-align: left;
}
to the CSS

perhaps including in body:

Code:
  font-size: normal;