Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 03:36 AM   #46
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by modismos View Post
I'm willing to switch to Onyx. Is it better than the Kindle?
It depends what you mean by better. Onyx makes Android tablets, so any Boox device can do far more than what a Kindle can do while also having ten thousand unnecessary bells and whistles you may or may not care about.

Last edited by Aleron Ives; Today at 03:39 AM.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:38 AM   #47
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Out of curiosity, what makes the LC not a replacement of the L2?
Kaleido screens have worse contrast and clarity than regular screens, due to the colour filter that's always present. As a result, you need to use more frontlight in order to read on them, and the image quality is worse. If you only read novels and don't need colour for comics, you're much better off with a normal screen.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #48
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by modismos View Post
I'm willing to switch to Onyx. Is it better than the Kindle?
Not if what you plan to do is read Kindle books using the Android kindle app.

If you plan on reading books without DRM using, say, Koreader, then yes. Much better.

I see people reading books using apps meant for LCD screens on Onyx devices - Kobo, Kindle, etc - and I would never do that myself. They are clunky and slow and produce a lot of ghosting. I'd rather buy a cheap Kobo and a cheap Kindle and read separately on the two devices.

I remove all DRM and read on Koreader mostly. Sometimes on Alreader X. And for me the experience is better than on Kindle since I can use Android dictionaries for languages unsupported by Amazon/Kobo.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote