Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 11:18 AM   #46
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
The only other thing I would want to change is bolding or increasing font weight, which I thought you could do.

What else is there?
Sorry I forgot to include the font changes

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:39 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Is KOReader better than stock for reading epubs?

Are there any disadvantages compared to stock?

Using Calibre to convert to epub (including from epub) almost always fixes any problems I have with an ebook.
I used to use KOReader. Now I mostly read ePub as RMSDK it renders better then KePub using Readium. You can get KePub to look better then it does by default, but that requires patching and adding an option to the config fie.

One other thing, hyphenation out of the box is rather poor. If you go to the Better Hyphenation thread, you can download a an English Hyphenation dictionary that works better, It has to be installed after every firmware update.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405

Anther thing you may want is a really good font you can side load. You put the fonts in the fonts directory in the root. The font is ChareInk6SP. It's a very good font with kerning, ligatures, and a smaller space. It looks very good on the Libra 2. You don't need the weighted version as you can up the weight from the Aa menu.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 11:46 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #48
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nexus 7
On my Nexus 7, I'm currently using Google Play reader with Meriweather font at 163%, 100% spacing and left justification. It's 19 lines to the screen. It's large enough that I have no trouble reading it, but not so large that there's too little content per page. I don't believe it hyphenates the right edge of lines.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote