Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #76
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprobert View Post
Kevin,

Thank you. I can't reproduce the exact scenario of another instance, but it involved doing search and replace and losing the highlighting in the code window. My intuition says that it is the same bug.

Much appreciation for your time and effort maintaining and improving Sigil.
I've also noticed a loss of focus in the code window when doing search and replace, but I can't find a reliable way to duplicate it. It's usually something like searching for <i></i> and pressing the backspace key to delete it (instead of clicking the "replace" button). It works the first time, but then the window loses focus and I can't use the backspace key. I am retraining myself to use the "replace" button.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #77
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I've also noticed a loss of focus in the code window when doing search and replace, but I can't find a reliable way to duplicate it. It's usually something like searching for <i></i> and pressing the backspace key to delete it (instead of clicking the "replace" button). It works the first time, but then the window loses focus and I can't use the backspace key. I am retraining myself to use the "replace" button.
The View menu has Focus on xxxxxxx actions, which can have kb shortcuts, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-02 102536.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	870.1 KB
ID:	209317

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #78
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The View menu has Focus on xxxxxxx actions, which can have kb shortcuts, viz:

Attachment 209317

BR
I had no idea that was available. Thanks!
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #79
mrprobert
mrprobert began at the beginning.

Device: None
Kevin,

Ok, what I noticed is a change of behavior in doing a repetitive search and replace on a NAV file (sometimes it's faster for me than using the TOC editor.)

Here's my process:

1. Open the NAV in CodeView.
2. Replace all instances of .xhtml with .xhtml#chapterNNN
3. Search for NNN
4. Change the instances of NNN by searching for NNN, typing a number, click find next, and roll through the file: type click type click ...

Works great for me in v2.1.0 but in v2.2.1 it seems that focus on CodeView is lost with every click of the mouse and so this scheme won't work any more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search-Replace.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	209318  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Jiminy Cricket.epub (3.3 KB, 4 views)
mrprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #80
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Out of curiosity, unless you are planning on having more than the one header at the start of the xhtml file, why would you want to insert an ID?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #81
mrprobert

I wouldn't, this is just a simplified demonstration of the problem.

-- Mark
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #82
mrprobert

A better example might be:

1. Batch rename regex of files to standard form: Chapter01.xhtml and so forth.
2. Edit the NAV to standardize filenames to chapterNNN.xhtml
3. Apply my scheme.
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #83
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprobert View Post
A better example might be:

1. Batch rename regex of files to standard form: Chapter01.xhtml and so forth.
2. Edit the NAV to standardize filenames to chapterNNN.xhtml
3. Apply my scheme.
Would renaming the text files not automagically change the filenames in the nav document? Select the files you want to give the Chapter001+ name to, set the rename files starting at field to Chapter001 and apply. Take a look at nav.xhml (ePub3) or toc.ncx (ePub2) and the filenames will reflect the rename.

And please note that your renaming will leave a mass of IDs in the .opf document untouched since ePub3 has added multiple locations where those can be used.

Again, though my preference to only use IDs where they are needed. I.e. where I use more than one header in a chapter file, perhaps for subchapters.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #84
mrprobert

I'm not sure what you are getting at. If the Nav entries and filenames don't match already then renaming the files won't track inside the NAV anyway. As I said before, I wouldn't use IDs in the manner as shown in my test epub.

I am simply asking what changed between v2.1.0 and v2.2.1 that affects outcome, it's not about form, content or style.
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #85
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Two cents: I understand the problem, but I just didn't notice it, because if I use the keyboard shortcut for the "Find Next" command - the problem does not occur.

I built a new version of Sigil with the latest changes and everything is fine now. I'm sure it will be OK in the next release.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:25 AM   #86
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I thought that maybe no button should ever get click focus (Tab only not Strong (includes Click)) so tried reverting all of those last night. I am so glad to hear that helped and did not interfere with using the keyboard to change focus.

Thanks for testing that.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 08:34 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote