Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 06:46 PM   #1
foosion
Groupie
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Pick a random book?

I'd like to create something that goes through all of my Calibre books, finds those that have the onkobo column checked but doesn't have a date in the finished column, then choose one at random.

Something like:

Code:
import random

unfinished = [book for books if book.onkobo and not book.finished]
book = random.choice(unfinished)
show(book.title, book.author)
How would I do this?
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have a VL for 'To Read'
Code:
Not #finished:>12/31/2000 and formats:true and not formats:other and not #usertags:split_up
finished is a date (2000 is my abandoned date)
usertags is what it says , I tag there when I use Epub Split (PI) on a boxed set
So, if it has a format and not fand any of the other, it represents my (outta control) TBR pile
Once that VL is active, you just use the dice Icon (select a Random Book)
Note: You may need to add it to a toolbar
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 PM   #3
foosion
Groupie
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Goes off to figure out virtual libraries.

I like the idea of tracking abandoned books.
Old Today, 07:55 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Goes off to figure out virtual libraries.

I like the idea of tracking abandoned books.
You can also use saved searches instead of virtual libraries.

Based on your post, it would be something like #onkobo:true and #finished:false
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The reason I prefer VL's is because you can use them in conjunction with the Tag Browser.
Show To Read and filter by Science Fiction
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:20 PM   #6
foosion
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You can also use saved searches instead of virtual libraries.

Based on your post, it would be something like #onkobo:true and #finished:false
Even simpler.

Last edited by foosion; Today at 09:29 PM.