Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2024, 04:27 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Kobo driver accesses the DEVICES DB on the second connect to populate additional metadata.
No Direct (USB, Kobo.Com bookstore) access... No DB Update
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 04:30 PM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is a tool from pgaskin (geek1001) that might help here.. nickelseries

See https://pgaskin.net/kepubify/ns/

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 04:42 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33 View Post
Hi,
I'm in the same situation except that I run calibre in a docker container so I access it from my laptop through a web browser.
Correct me if I misunderstood, but the Kobo uses a separate database (sqlite ?) for managing the series / numbers ? and calibre does create/update that DB when exporting ?
If correct, it means I cannot perform it from the browser, right (I used to save to disk then copy to Kobo)?
I could still connect the kobo to the server then try it.
Thank you for your help
Calibre and Kobo need connected by USB on the same computer. Then on the 2nd connection after Kobo has detected the new content after USB eject, Calibre can update the Kobo database.

"Save to Disk" and copy is for dumb ereaders that are either not recognised by Calibre at all, or don't work well with Calibre. You are hugely missing out on Calibre management of the Kobo by not using direct USB.

Just have Calibre library and program on the laptop and backup files to server when Calibre isn't running. Docker for Calibre is a big extra complication and cripples it for direct USB.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 04:44 PM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is a tool from pgaskin (geek1001) that might help here.. nickelseries

See https://pgaskin.net/kepubify/ns/

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
It won't really because the person is using "Save To Disk" and remote operating Calibre in a browser view on a different computer.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 08:48 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
nickelseries runs ON the Kobo device itself after the device is disconnected and the library scan performed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 06:43 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelicisJinx View Post
I followed along this topic to get the series info on my Aura One. It is working. But I now have the series info in the title and below the title. So on my devices is reads:

Myron Bolitar [01] Vals Spel
MYRON BOLITAR - 1
Harlan Coben

I can't figure out why I also have the series information in the title. It's probably some setting I set, but where? Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Using both Kobo Touch Extended and Kobo Utilities.
Check if you have a Metadata plugboard setup. If you do, you can delete it.

Preferences > Metadata plugboards
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 06:45 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
nickelseries runs ON the Kobo device itself after the device is disconnected and the library scan performed.
But it depends on the settings for Save to disk. If it's set like mine to not update the metadata on save, NickelSeries won't work in this case.
Old 06-24-2024, 07:54 AM   #23
FelicisJinx
FelicisJinx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Check if you have a Metadata plugboard setup. If you do, you can delete it.

Preferences > Metadata plugboards
Thanks, this was it!
FelicisJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 10:06 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelicisJinx View Post
Thanks, this was it!
Happy to help.

Tags
calibre, kobo, metadata, series, sigil