Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 04:57 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorEvil View Post
I have checked both toc files and they are identical and have the correct number of files listed.

The book displays the pages correct and in the right order etc, it is just the page numbers that are off
Forget the HTML ToC exists. It's worthless. Just ignore it or delete it.

What you need to do is edit the NCX ToC to add ALL of the HTML files to the ToC. If you are missing any HTML files in the NCX ToC, the page numbers can be off.

In the calibre editor, go to Tools > Table of Contents > Edit Table of Contents and edit the ToC to add in the missing HTML in the same order they are in in the Text list in the left of the editor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhaydenx View Post
I've got a Kobo Clara HD and I use a Calibre to manage all my Epubs. I convert them in Calibre to Kepub and then transfer them over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Forget the HTML ToC exists. It's worthless. Just ignore it or delete it.

What you need to do is edit the NCX ToC to add ALL of the HTML files to the ToC. If you are missing any HTML files in the NCX ToC, the page numbers can be off.

In the calibre editor, go to Tools > Table of Contents > Edit Table of Contents and edit the ToC to add in the missing HTML in the same order they are in in the Text list in the left of the editor.
Jon, Jon, Jon... I hate to burst your bubble but in an ePub3, the html navigation document is not worthless. It is the navigation document for that ePub. You can have an optional NCX ToC which is not used by an ePub3 renderer rendering an ePub3 document. The only reason for the NCX document in an ePub3 is for backwards compatibility with ePub2 renderers.

Since it is clearly stated that the OP is using kepub—you did read the original message in this thread which I quoted above?—they are using the ePub3 renderer and any ePub3 documents will be using the HTML navigation document.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 05:43 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:42 PM   #18
ViktorEvil
ViktorEvil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara Color
When I said I checked the toc files I mean in both an epub and converted kepub and both NCX toc files were correct listing all html files in the correct order. The book loads an reads correctly but the page numbers are off by 100% of the total pages after the cover

In a book of 300 pages:
The cover is page 1
page 2 is displayed as 300
pages then count up correctly until
page 300 is displayed as 600

I can read the book fine but the slider at the bottom of the menu jumps to halfway after I click past the cover
ViktorEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Jon, Jon, Jon... I hate to burst your bubble but in an ePub3, the html navigation document is not worthless. It is the navigation document for that ePub. You can have an optional NCX ToC which is not used by an ePub3 renderer rendering an ePub3 document. The only reason for the NCX document in an ePub3 is for backwards compatibility with ePub2 renderers.

Since it is clearly stated that the OP is using kepub—you did read the original message in this thread which I quoted above?—they are using the ePub3 renderer and any ePub3 documents will be using the HTML navigation document.
I'm talking about the HTML ToC that most eBooks come with that you don't need be it ePub3 or ePub2 because it's not really used.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the ebooks are public domain, you could attach one of them to a message in this thread so others can see the exact structure. If they are not public domain, you can use the ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books plugin to scramble the kepub and then attach it to a message here. You will likely have to change the extension to end in .epub since I don't think MobileRead allows attaching .kepub files.
Old Today, 05:48 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm talking about the HTML ToC that most eBooks come with that you don't need be it ePub3 or ePub2 because it's not really used.
In many ePub3 ebooks, the navigation document also serves as the HTML ToC document. In an ePub3, the NCX navigation document is not used. It's a vestigial appendix.