Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 05:17 PM   #1
Angius
Angius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Post Need help figuring out what's wrong with an ePub I generated

I noticed a lack of an ePub generation library for .NET and decided to make one. I thought that I was creating the final file properly, and Calibre was able to open and display it without any issues, but my Kindle won't read it, and the online ePub validators I tried just mostly hang without showing any useful errors.

I hope that perhaps someone more knowledgable about the format would be able to dissect what I generated and point me toward's what's wrong.

The generated ebook is attached to the post, and in case you don't trust random files downloaded from the internet, you can find the source code of the generator here and run the Demo project (requires .NET 8 SDK) to generate the exact same file I attached here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub book.epub (5.8 KB, 3 views)
Angius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The epub is incomplete.
you have a single style in the css file being p
But the text in the html files have no p tags surrounding it. It is just raw text with no tags.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did you not see https://github.com/jonthysell/QuickEPUB ?

Additionally there is ePubCheck https://github.com/w3c/epubcheck?tab=readme-ov-file
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, generator, help needed, programming