Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2020, 02:11 AM   #496
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
I wish they fixed this feature with the recent updates

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 09:33 PM   #497
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I wish they would fix this. As much as I hate to admit it, I really do enjoy "achievements". Or else just remove the whole thing?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #498
Apollyon202
Apollyon202 doesn't litterApollyon202 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara HD, Aura, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I wish they would fix this. As much as I hate to admit it, I really do enjoy "achievements". Or else just remove the whole thing?
Not achievements, but in KOReader you can have super detailed statistics, per book and overall as well. For me it helps to don't keep those numbers low.
Apollyon202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:35 PM   #499
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post

Achievements have been completely removed starting with firmware 4.39.2x.

I loved the achievements when I first started using Kobos back in 2010, but Kobo didn’t keep up on them, and they became more & more broken over time. Frankly, I am surprised Kobo took so long to remove them. It wasn’t a good look for them as a company.

Part of the problem was that the programmers who spearheaded those features moved on. One or two of them would post frequently in these forums with tips on how to unlock the achievements. Those were fun times, but they were over 10 years ago. Maybe they didn’t document their code very well and the new programmers couldn’t fix the bugs. More likely Kobo only allocated time and funds for firmware features that enhanced or stabilized functionality and salability. I’m only speculating.

At any rate, Kobo took the opportunity the Colour firmware provided to send Achievements on their way.

I’ve read on this forum that there are hints of return of achievements in firmware 5.0. We’ll see.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch