Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-07-2024, 04:23 PM   #181
Uppy
Uppy began at the beginning.

Device: Pb 631
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
You won't need to manually make them executable, it's already taken care of as part of the root/services package. Any .sh file within /mnt/ext1/system/init.d should just run.

Did you test the simple script I suggested?

If you create the scripts on a Windows PC, use Notepad++ and make sure to change the setting from the menu:
Edit > EOL Conversion > Unix (LF)
thank you my lord))

I think i was doing a lot of bullshit in linux terminal and in windows notebook, also in pbterm to make files executable. So, i just save file following your instruction and put it to /mnt/ext1/system/init.d
Uppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 02:34 AM   #182
x3oo
Enthusiast
x3oo began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Is this jailbreak doing something with the sigterm when going into standby and poweroff? because koreader isnt saving the latest states other people dont have problems so it might be this jailbreak.
how do i reverse it?
x3oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 06:28 AM   #183
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3oo View Post
Is this jailbreak doing something with the sigterm when going into standby and poweroff? because koreader isnt saving the latest states other people dont have problems so it might be this jailbreak.
how do i reverse it?
I'm not experiencing this. Have you added any additional koreader plugins? If so, try disabling them.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 02:22 PM   #184
x3oo
Enthusiast
x3oo began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I'm not experiencing this. Have you added any additional koreader plugins? If so, try disabling them.
When closing Koreader it saves the state. If the reader is shut down with power button or even automatically it loses the changed settings. apparently there is something wrong with the jailbreak where it doesnt allow koreader to write the last files before powering off.
seems to work after removing jailbreak
x3oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 11:20 PM   #185
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3oo View Post
When closing Koreader it saves the state. If the reader is shut down with power button or even automatically it loses the changed settings. apparently there is something wrong with the jailbreak where it doesnt allow koreader to write the last files before powering off.
seems to work after removing jailbreak
I'm using this jailbreak and use koreader daily, I definitely do not have this issue. Maybe open a new thread explaining your problem and post your koreader log file? Make sure to enable the verbose advanced setting so koreader writes as much info as possible.

EDIT:
I thought koreader saved its state with every page turn rather than just at close?

FYI... I have this plugin installed, maybe this helps or makes a difference?
https://github.com/ckilb/pocketbooks...ugin/tree/main

Last edited by neil_swann80; 06-28-2024 at 02:32 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
root