Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2024, 05:18 PM   #16
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The problem was introduced in 4.37, but 4.38 came out soon afterwards, so 4.37 didn't get much attention.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:20 AM   #17
Thargor
Connoisseur
Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sony PRS 505
There has been zero improvement here even if I reboot before making the USB connection, even charging it off a powerbank no pc involved makes it lose my place in my current book and erase all my reading data/mark finished books as unread etc.

Am I screwed do you think? Would a firmware downgrade solve these issues? If so can I ask how you do this and what firmware version I should aim for please?
Thargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
There has been zero improvement here even if I reboot before making the USB connection, even charging it off a powerbank no pc involved makes it lose my place in my current book and erase all my reading data/mark finished books as unread etc.

Am I screwed do you think? Would a firmware downgrade solve these issues? If so can I ask how you do this and what firmware version I should aim for please?
If you update to 4.38.23038, the problem with the database becoming corrupt when you connect to USB will be gone. There will be no need to reboot before a USB connection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #19
Thargor
Connoisseur
Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.Thargor got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you update to 4.38.23038, the problem with the database becoming corrupt when you connect to USB will be gone. There will be no need to reboot before a USB connection.
Brilliant thanks didnt realise, I leave wifi permanently off for the battery life.

I did that though and when the update finished my 1000+ book library had dropped to 39 and all my reading data had been erased again so not optimistic. Ill update the library and reboot again and see if things have improved this time, thanks again.
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #20
Thargor
Connoisseur

No something still not right, the books are there I can still see them and search for titles and scroll through them but My Books is stuck at 39 for some reason.

When I try to plug into Calibre to transfer more I just get an "Error connecting to device" error and it wont connect.

Whenever I unplug the USB cable either from a laptop or just a charger/powerbank it goes to the "Adding new content screen" every time and rescans the whole thing again, erasing my reading data and forgetting what books Im reading and what pages Im on.

Anything else I can try?
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #21
Thargor
Connoisseur

Quote:
calibre, version 7.7.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 558, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2028, in books
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Thats the error log, will I do one more factory reset and see?
Old Today, 12:50 PM   #22
Thargor
Connoisseur

Okay full reformat and factory reset done, all updated to latest version, connected to USB and Calibre with zero issues first time, cautiously optimistic now, 1242 books currently uploading through Calibre so we'll see how that goes in an hour or two.
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #23
Thargor
Connoisseur

Okay looking good touch wood, My Books reporting the correct amount of books on board, scrolling seems a lot smoother, its sleeping and waking normally, Ive got my place back in the three books I had on the go and it remembers them when I connect and disconnect and it shows up in Calibre as soon as I plug it in. I think I might be good now.