Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2024, 01:17 PM   #1
davidrichards27
davidrichards27 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Glowlite
Transfer of library of books

Hi Guys!
I have had my Libra2 for a couple of years now and suffice to say I have 'lots' (a few thousand)of books, many, many sideloaded and organised into lots of collections.

I am going to be upgrading to a Libra Colrour soon and I am wondering if there is a simple way to just mirror my existing collections straight onto the new reader without having to replicate every collection manually?

Any ideas gratefully received

Thanks a lot
davidrichards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrichards27 View Post
Hi Guys!
I have had my Libra2 for a couple of years now and suffice to say I have 'lots' (a few thousand)of books, many, many sideloaded and organised into lots of collections.

I am going to be upgrading to a Libra Colrour soon and I am wondering if there is a simple way to just mirror my existing collections straight onto the new reader without having to replicate every collection manually?

Any ideas gratefully received

Thanks a lot
It's not an upgrade to a Libra Colour if these books are just text. For B&W text, the Libra Colour is about 20-30% darker then the Libra 2.

Do you have all of these eBooks in calibre?

If you do, it's an easy solution. You would need to use Kobo Utilities to pull in your reading positions. Also use Reading List to mark which books are on your Libra 2. You will need to configure some custom columns for this.

You can then put all of those eBooks on your Libra Colour, and push the reading positions.

You will lose any annotations.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote