Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2024, 07:06 AM   #1
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Opening Libra H2O

I'm thinking of increasing the storage on my Libra H2O. I've read somewhere (and, of course, can't now find my source) that this is possible, but requires removal of the waterproofing on the μSD card with isopropyl alcohol. That sounds reasonable and doable.

But there's an earlier issue for me. Is removing the back as simple as getting a spudger in between the back cover and the edge and then levering, or is there anything else (e.g., some knack to it) of which I need to be aware?
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 10:28 AM   #2
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
Libra H2O does not have a removable μSD card.
https://ibb.co/H7Cx6Lk
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 10:42 AM   #3
bluepeter
Connoisseur

Thanks.

Bother! Now I'm even more irritated (with myself, not you) that I can't find the piece that I read a while ago that, I'm sure, said otherwise!
Old 06-21-2024, 10:52 AM   #4
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
Probably the article was about Libra 2 or Aura H2O.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 11:56 AM   #5
bluepeter
Connoisseur

Yes, of course that's possible. But, since I can't find it, we'll never know.

Having said that, I can't imagine why I'd have been reading about upgrading either of those models.

I've never owned an Aura H2O.

Whilst I have owned a couple of Libra 2s, neither lasted long enough for me to begin to think about upgrading them. Both bricked themselves within a day or so of purchase, and were returned for refunds. If it hadn't been for that experience, I'd probably be using a Libra 2 now - and still wouldn't be thinking about an upgrade, since the supplied storage would be more than sufficient for my needs. It's only because of my unhappy experiences with the Libra 2 that I reached the point of thinking about upgrading the known-to-be-reliable Libra H2O.

I guess that I just need to wait in hope for a Libra BW to be released. I'm not inclined to buy a secondhand Libra 2, since that model doesn't seem to like me.
Old 06-24-2024, 09:10 AM   #6
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20; Kobo ClaraBW
I owned and used a Kobo Aura H2O (version 1) for a bunch of years (still have it; recently bought a Clara BW as a replacement). I can tell you that the memory card option was a HUGE PITA; so much so that I stopped using the extra card.

The Kobo would keep complaining about the card not being installed or other problems with it (I forget now). I would have to pull the card out, push it back in, reboot the device - all kinds of crap like that and it would happen over and over. So eventually I just pulled the card out and used the device without it. So, don't try to find one! Maybe they've improved things since then, but I'm kind of guessing that there aren't many models now that have it (I think), so maybe it turned out to be generally a bad idea?

Last edited by RAH; 06-24-2024 at 10:34 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote