Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2024, 06:38 AM   #1
SpicyPoison
Enthusiast
SpicyPoison began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre Portable for Windows to Calibre for Linux

I have my Calibre library on an external drive using Calibre Portable latest version (v7.13). Until now I am a Windows user but soon to be Linux user. Calibre Portable had been a great way to access my library from any Windows OS running computer.

How can I transport my Calibre Library from Calibre Portable for Windows to Calibre for Linux with all the books (450+), settings and preferences, News Recipe Schedules. In short, I want to have my Calibre configured on Linux as it is on my Windows Calibre Portable.

What is the easiest and fastest way? Do I have to manually configure all the preferences again and manually copy paste the library folder to the linux? Or is there any other easier and faster way.
SpicyPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 06:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 07:02 AM   #3
SpicyPoison
Enthusiast
SpicyPoison began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Code:
calibre, version 7.13.0
ERROR: Cannot export/import: You are running calibre portable, all calibre data is already in the calibre portable folder. Export/import is unavailable.
I know this method of exporting calibre data to a single file and importing on another. But the problem is that I am using 'Calibre Portable' version running from an external hard drive.
Hence, I am getting the above mentioned error.
SpicyPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 09:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
So instead of running calibre-portable.exe, run calibre.exe, while setting the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environmnet variable to point to the portable config directory and then use the export tool.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre portable, linux, windows