Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2024, 04:26 AM   #946
ilaudy
ilaudy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
See my post on page 33 how to jailbreak it
Hi @mergen3107,

Many thanks for your detailed instructions. I have followed them to step 6 (all successful before with the FW version < 5.16.2.), which I am not sure how to do them: "Do not leave demo yet, install both Marek's and NiLuJe's hotfixes first."
I assume the Marek's hotfixes are the .bin files in the same LB folder, while NiLuje's one is this file: JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip.
Should I use the sideload content in the demo mode or should I redo the resell this device part to load these files?
By the way, I won't be able to register my scribe to amazon, hope that is not the reason I can not successfully JB it.
Thanks again.
Best
ilaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 AM   #947
red.desk6410
red.desk6410 began at the beginning.

Device: Scribe
I had my Scribe jailbroken since Dec last year and realized only now that my device was always stuck in managed mode. I followed the directions at the end of the instructions to get out of managed mode but that just brought me to "Set up your kindle" and I couldn't find any reference to get out of that.

About to give up, I connected to my phone's hotspot to login thinking I have to create an account but sneaky Amazon downloaded the full update behind the scenes while I was merely logging in for the 20 seconds it took and of course upon reboot it force upgraded, I couldn't find a way to abort it or even turn it off. I'm now at 5.16.6.1.

Guess it's time to sell it and find a new jail breakable one...
red.desk6410 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak