Notices

Old Today, 01:38 AM   #16
User_Z
Zealot
User_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Computer, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FYI, there is a simpler way to handle the Find and Replace buttons in case you are at all interested that does not require qss changes at all:

Simply edit your sigil_v6.ini file and add the following line to it under [find_replace]

frbuttonstextonly=true

Not only for my information, but for everyone's information, there are many ways to do something, if you also know about it.

I have four sigil_v6.ini files in different places on my computer's disk. To which of them should I add this secret parameter? Or is it the file that I will see after clicking the "Settings Catalog" button on the "Settings" panel.

And in general, where can I see a list of parameters + a description of their action that Sigil uses in its different settings files and which are not available through the "Settings" panel?
User_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46 AM   #17
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Okay! I am hoping to get to this sometime next week ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
@odamisu,

I forgot that the cover template uses PLACEHOLDERS that are not used elsewhere in the template files.

This is pretty obscure so I have added a new chapter to the sigil-user-guide called advanced_topics.xhtml that has a section on this cover-template*.xhtml and its PLACEHOLDERS and many other things.

So the best way for you to deal with this is in add_cover.xhtml might be to just mentions that using your own cover template file is possible and putting a link to the "advanced_topics.xhtml" chapter.

(ps I posted a preview of this advanced_topics chapter in one of the earlier posts)

Thanks!

Kevin
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:36 AM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_Z View Post
Not only for my information, but for everyone's information, there are many ways to do something, if you also know about it.

I have four sigil_v6.ini files in different places on my computer's disk. To which of them should I add this secret parameter? Or is it the file that I will see after clicking the "Settings Catalog" button on the "Settings" panel.

And in general, where can I see a list of parameters + a description of their action that Sigil uses in its different settings files and which are not available through the "Settings" panel?
You should only have one file exactly named "sigil_v6.ini" in your Sigil Preferences Location folder. Why do you have 4? Do you have 4 different installations of Sigil under different user names?

As far as I know, that is the only setting that has no ui for it. I found it yesterday while looking at the FindReplace.cpp source code. I had forgotten it even existed. Other things are typically set with environment variables. These are now described in the new advanced_topics.zip chapter I just posted.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I believe we were once experimenting with a user setting to turn off the F&R icons. Reading an ini pref from the SettingsStore is a much quicker/easier test than coding environment variable logic (not to mention coding UI integration). So it can probably more accurately be described as an abandoned/incomplete/vestigial/forgotten experiment, rather than a secret parameter. There are no secrets in open source code, after all.

I believe it was determined that the qss option was sufficient for the 8 people in the world who refused to accept/embrace the new F&R icons at the time. No full ui-configurable parameter required.

By the way... is "Settings Catalog" really one of the translations of "Open Preferences Location"?

Last edited by DiapDealer; Today at 11:32 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #20
User_Z
Zealot
User_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Computer, iPad
>You should only have one file exactly named "sigil_v6.ini" in your Sigil Preferences Location folder. Why do you have 4? Do you have 4 different installations of Sigil under different user names?

One computer, one user, one Sigil installation.

I install new versions of the program over previous ones to save all settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Find_ sigil_v6.ini.png
Views:	16
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	210087  
User_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
So somehow your Sigil Preferences Location folder is in 4 different places or you have symlinks from 4 different folders pointing to it. Since they are all the exact same size with the exact same modification date, my guess is symlinks are involved somehow.

I do not know Windows well enough to distinguish paths using symlinks versus the true absolute path.

Perhaps someone with knowledge of Windows could comment?
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
I believe there is only a single INI file. From https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2633b8b?page=2 it would appear that there are

Quote:
What you are seeing is junctions and symbolic links, that are present in order to maintain support for legacy applications.

C:\Documents and Settings - junction - points to C:\Users
C:\Users\All Users - symbolic link - points to C:\Program Data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users - same as C:\Users\All Users
C:\ProgramData\Application Data - junction - points back to C:\ProgramData

If you want to list all them all, open command prompt and enter: dir /a:l /s C:\
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote