Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Today, 07:10 AM   #91
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I guess I have my doubts then, as there seems to be a discrepancy/"interpretation" between the article and the linked study?
Well you do have to wonder then, why they would link to something that refutes or doesn't say what they claim.

I am no expert to take it all apart, but just logically I doubt they would be that silly, if it is that easy to dispute or discount, as has been said. The article looked pretty legit just on its own, so why risk adding a link to disabuse it.

In fact, I would like to see the evidence disputing the claims, proving them wrong. Because most of what I hear is just hearsay it seems to me or rants with a personal bias that has no scientific basis.

But I guess it is all too easy to baffle many folk with bullcrap, and we've seen that time and time again.

Anyway, I read the article and it made enough sense to me that I thought I would share it. What happens next is up to those who read it, but I don't think it should be lightly discounted.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #92
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
Well you do have to wonder then, why they would link to something that refutes or doesn't say what they claim.

I am no expert to take it all apart, but just logically I doubt they would be that silly, if it is that easy to dispute or discount, as has been said. The article looked pretty legit just on its own, so why risk adding a link to disabuse it.

In fact, I would like to see the evidence disputing the claims, proving them wrong. Because most of what I hear is just hearsay it seems to me or rants with a personal bias that has no scientific basis.

But I guess it is all too easy to baffle many folk with bullcrap, and we've seen that time and time again.

Anyway, I read the article and it made enough sense to me that I thought I would share it. What happens next is up to those who read it, but I don't think it should be lightly discounted.
I would like to see evidence either way.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #93
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's a marketing article full of irrelevances (BT and Audio books) and is mostly to promote the new models. It's lacking in facts and the linked piece is irrelevant. Re-read my too long critiques. I've been designing stuff using various display technologies since 1983 (custom LCD with EL backlight) to 2008 (IPS LCD and eink).
Also decades dealing with office IT ergonomics.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote