Notices

Old Today, 12:21 PM   #16
LorPiro
LorPiro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What version of Calibre?

See the sticky in the calibre / devices forum "My device is not detected by calibre"

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
calibre 7.15, but the fact is that not only calibre deosn't see my kobo, even windows doesn't recognize it when I plug it in
LorPiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorPiro View Post
calibre 7.15, but the fact is that not only calibre deosn't see my kobo, even windows doesn't recognize it when I plug it in
You might want to check if you have any devices in Device Manager that are in an error state or listed as an unknown device. You will likely need to enable show hidden devices to see most of them. You may also want to check out NirSoft's USBDeview.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #18
LorPiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might want to check if you have any devices in Device Manager that are in an error state or listed as an unknown device. You will likely need to enable show hidden devices to see most of them. You may also want to check out NirSoft's USBDeview.
when I plug it in it gives me this error (see attached photo)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	209661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2024-07-19 184428.png
Views:	8
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	209662  

Last edited by LorPiro; Today at 12:45 PM.
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would suggest uninstalling the error device and then restarting your computer.
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #20
LorPiro

Quote:
I would suggest uninstalling the error device and then restarting your computer.
now it doesn't even show me the error, it doesn't work.

But returning to my first question: is it possible to upload ebooks by copying the file into the main sd card? is there a folder where the kobo "stores" the book downloaded?
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorPiro View Post
now it doesn't even show me the error, it doesn't work.

But returning to my first question: is it possible to upload ebooks by copying the file into the main sd card? is there a folder where the kobo "stores" the book downloaded?
If you'd checked the OTHER post you'd made you'd see a reply... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=326
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #22
LorPiro

Quote:
If you'd checked the OTHER post you'd made you'd see a reply... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=326
i'm so sorry, I'm very confused at the moment. Please forgive me for my bad behaviour. I'll try to create a folder and see what happens
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #23
LorPiro

Quote:
I've just created a folder, as you said, but nothing seems working...
Old Today, 01:35 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist

1. you removed the internal µSD card from your Kobo Glo, installed it in your computer and then created a directory.
  2. You copied some ePub ebooks to that directory and then re-installed the µSD card in your Kobo Glo.
  3. When you powered on your Glo, it booted but did not import the books.

Is that correct?

Given the firmware in the Kobo Glo image is likely on the old side, what happens if you mount the µSD card on your computer, download the Kobo Glo 4.38.23038 firmware from Patrick Gaskin's Kobo Firmware Downloads, unzip the file and copy the upgrade directory and the KoboRoot.tgz and manifest.md5sum files into the .kobo directory. Re-insert the µSD card into your Kobo Glo and then power on. It should go into it's firmware update process.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 01:38 PM.
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #25
LorPiro

Quote:
  1. you removed the internal µSD card from your Kobo Glo, installed it in your computer and then created a directory.
  2. You copied some ePub ebooks to that directory and then re-installed the µSD card in your Kobo Glo.
  3. When you powered on your Glo, it booted but did not import the books.

Is that correct?

Given the firmware in the Kobo Glo image is likely on the old side, what happens if you mount the µSD card on your computer, download the Kobo Glo 4.38.23038 firmware from Patrick Gaskin's Kobo Firmware Downloads, unzip the file and copy the upgrade directory and the KoboRoot.tgz and manifest.md5sum files into the .kobo directory. Re-insert the µSD card into your Kobo Glo and then power on. It should go into it's firmware update process.
wow! it worked, now I can read all the books I inserted in the folder. Thank you very much for your support guys

Tags
errors, kobo glo, troubleshooting