Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 02:02 PM   #601
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I followed these steps and it worked correctly:

1. Removed an existing book from my challenge.

2. Added {'Books Purchased in 2024': {'#admintags' : 'readinggoalurchases2024'}} to my 'add to challenges' config.

3. Added readinggoalurchases2024 to the #admintags column in the book I'd previously removed.

When I checked, the book had been re-added to the challenge.

EDIT: Ignore the smileys, lol.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #602
thiago.eec
Wizard
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
EDIT: I forgot the closing curly-bracket.
Exactly.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #603
thiago.eec
Wizard
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I followed these steps and it worked correctly
Good news.

I'll wait for others to test too, because there were a lot of changes to add the series info. It altered the columns' order, so I may have missed some index change or something. I did a lot of testing myself, but we better be on the safe side.
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #604
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, not a big priority, but I noticed that the auto-collapse doesn't seem to work when switching to challenge mode.
Old Today, 02:24 PM   #605
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
ALERT:
2) Added a series column to the Edit Reading Goal dialog
Thank you so much!

I noticed two things:
  • I select sort to date, but it's sorted to progress. Sort to title works.
  • Is it possible for Reading Goal to remember the size of the columns? My series column is already very small and if I make it bigger, it will be small again at the next start.

Edit: I have just noticed that there is no series index in past years.
Edit2: Size of series column also not remembered for different years and for going back and forth

Last edited by Wiggo; Today at 02:41 PM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:30 PM   #606
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

A tooltip for the series name would also be helpful for when it's long.
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #607
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Question: Does removing the tag also remove the book from the challenge?

I made a slight mistake in my template and added the challenge tag to a handful of books that I didn't want in the challenge. I used bulk edit to remove the tag but when I went to run "remove from challenge" from the toolbar I got 0.

I'm not sure whether it was removed by the tag or just hadn't been added to the challenge yet - the tag had been added via action chains' single-field edit rather than bulk-editing the metadata.
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #608
thiago.eec
Wizard

Quote:
Also, not a big priority, but I noticed that the auto-collapse doesn't seem to work when switching to challenge mode.
Fixed for the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Thank you so much!

Quote:
I select sort to date, but it's sorted to progress. Sort to title works.
One of those indexes I mentioned that I might have forgotten. I'll fix it. Fixed.

Quote:
Is it possible for Reading Goal to remember the size of the column? My series column is already very small and if I make it bigger, it will be small again at the next start.
To be honest, I think it is possible, but I didn't find a way looking through Qt documentation or anywhere else. I'm not a programmer, so I have very limited skills... =(

Maybe I could add a setting so the user could define their columns' width, instead of using my own values.

Quote:
Edit: I have just noticed that there is no series index in past years.
I noticed this after I posted it here. I'll fix it. Fixed.

Quote:
A tooltip for the series name would also be helpful for when it's long.
Good idea. I'll add tooltips with the whole content for Title, Authors and Series.

Quote:
Question: Does removing the tag also remove the book from the challenge?
No, there is no auto remove. I think that may be dangerous. To add an unwanted book is easily fixed by removing it, but if you accidentally remove the wrong book you will lose that book's records.

Quote:
I made a slight mistake in my template and added the challenge tag to a handful of books that I didn't want in the challenge. I used bulk edit to remove the tag but when I went to run "remove from challenge" from the toolbar I got 0.

I'm not sure whether it was removed by the tag or just hadn't been added to the challenge yet - the tag had been added via action chains' single-field edit rather than bulk-editing the metadata.
I don't know what happened there, but I can't reproduce it here (but I not using a chain either).

Last edited by thiago.eec; Today at 03:24 PM.
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #609
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

After some further testing I found my problem: I think I was updating the wrong column, lol. I duplicated the chain from my 'update rggenres' and forgot to switch it to admintags when editing the template.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 03:37 PM.
Old Today, 04:38 PM   #610
thiago.eec
Wizard

Test version

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
ALERT: Please backup your database before trying this.

This test version adds some new requested features:

1) Auto add
  • Now you can auto add books to your custom challenges.
  • You need to use a python dictionary to determine which value would trigger the auto add for a certain challenge, e.g.: {'challenge_name_1': {'#custom_column' : 'column_value'}, 'challenge_name_2': {'tags': 'some_tag'}.
  • The auto add feature (to goal or challenges) is triggered when you change the relevant columns. But, if you change the auto add settings, the plugin now do a full scan to check your library, so the books already matching the criteria will also be added.
  • When adding a book to a challenge, in case it is not in your goal, it will be automatically added to your goal, then to the challenge.
2) Added a series column to the Edit Reading Goal dialog
Bug fixes:
  • Auto-collapse not working in every view
  • Date sorting
  • Show series index for all years

Added features:
  • A column size setting to control each columns' width
  • Tooltips with the whole content for Title, Authors and Series
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading_Goal_test_version.zip (394.4 KB, 1 views)