DanyDanman
Enthusiast
DanyDanman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Go 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
That's why I asked you for those mbr's so I can have my own "play it at home"
[/code]
Would my full raw backup be of any use? I can upload that on my own personal space.
DanyDanman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #17
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyDanman View Post
Would my full raw backup be of any use?
Noooo... My internet drops below dial-up speed at times.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #18
DanyDanman
Enthusiast

Maybe a stupid question. How would you install the correct fastboot driver?
Is still the one from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...26&postcount=1

And than part 6. Download this Fastboot Driver.

Just want to make sure I have the right one.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #19
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyDanman View Post
Just want to make sure I have the right one.
Actually, all the ADB and all the fastboot are using the stock Windows WinUSB driver.
That's as generic as white sandwich bread.
Since you had fastboot working, that's good enough.
(And you can forget about fastbogus.exe too.)

I've updated edl.exe once again. You should DL it even though there is no functional difference. Simply better error handling for scenarios that you will never use.
Code:
C:\>edl /u /r /plast_parti trash
Found EDL 9008, configuring... nope, configuring... ok
Requesting info on LUN 0... ok
Requesting GPT 0 header... ok, receiving... ok, requesting entries... ok, receiving... ok
Requesting GPT 1 header... ok, receiving... ok, requesting entries... ok, receiving... ok
Requesting GPT 2 header... ok, receiving... ok, requesting entries... ok, receiving... ok
Requesting GPT 3 header... ok, receiving... ok, requesting entries... ok, receiving... ok
Requesting GPT 4 header... ok, receiving... ok, requesting entries... ok, receiving... ok
Requesting GPT 5 header... ok, receiving... ok, requesting entries... ok, receiving... ok
Ambiguous partition name "last_parti" needs LUN
Eventually we'll have to address the real problem: We can't write anything.
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #20
DanyDanman
Enthusiast

I have been hard at work to find a solution. No luck yet.

I have checked
Code:
build.prop
ro.boot.verifiedbootstate: Set to orange. This indicates that your device's verified boot state is less secure, generally associated with an unlocked bootloader in a development setting.

ro.boot.flash.locked: Set to 0. This correctly reflects that the bootloader is unlocked, aligning with the ro.boot.verifiedbootstate being orange.

sys.oem_unlock_allowed: Set to 0. This seems contradictory given the bootloader status is unlocked. Normally, this would be set to 1 if the bootloader unlocking is permissible. If your intention is for the device to allow OEM unlocking, this property should be set to 1.

The property ro.oem_unlock_supported, which you mentioned should be set based on the device's support for flashing unlock, is not listed in your output. If your device supports this feature, you should ensure this property is explicitly defined in your system configuration with the appropriate value (1 for support, 0 for no support).

This what I got from it tnx to my second brain. Posting here just incase.

I have tried a different fastboot driver the google instead xaomi
I have chosen a different fastboot and bogus one no luck

I really hope we can crack this togher.
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #21
Renate
Wizard

Theoretically, none of that unlocking stuff should matter. Firehose should be OS agnostic and not know anything about that stuff.

It surprising that both the GoCo7 and Go103 with different flash types have the same problem.

So to recap (please correct me):

Writing a partition with EDL freezes when it tries to write.

Normal bootloader fastboot has had the commands ripped out of it.
(Whether this is Onyx being mean or just the migration to fastbootd, I don't know.)

Recovery fastbootd accepts commands but fails on write.

I've been doing some reverse engineering on this Firehose loader.
It really shouldn't freeze like that even for errors.
I've learned "many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse".
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #22
Renate
Wizard

Here's another thing to try that might work out better.
Always do a reset and back to EDL between things that didn't work out well.
Code:
edl /l<alpha or patched>
edl /u /r /pmisc /c1 small.img
edl /u /w /pmisc /c1 /v small.img
I don't need to see all the GPT verbose stuff, just the write section.
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #23
Renate
Wizard

Well, we didn't learn anything new.

The patched OnePlus and the Samsung A235F Firehose loaders are very similar.

If we had UART connected we might get some more insight.
It's hard to see where the problem is when it just freezes.