Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-22-2024, 11:02 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I can say from experience not to get a Sony Reader. I've had them and they are now old and slow and have very few features in the firmware. Plus they handle ePub 3 specific features not at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM   #17
kwik
kwik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can say from experience not to get a Sony Reader. I've had them and they are now old and slow and have very few features in the firmware. Plus they handle ePub 3 specific features not at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4WqMoQM2U
I love my PRS-T3, but Sony badly screwed up the quality of the 'case' / cover. The one seen in this video was obviously not used for any reasonable length of time, because Sony had released poor quality cases / covers which started to unseal & peel.
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:11 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4WqMoQM2U
I love my PRS-T3, but Sony badly screwed up the quality of the 'case' / cover. The one seen in this video was obviously not used for any reasonable length of time, because Sony had released poor quality cases / covers which started to unseal & peel.
I have a T1 and it has a red cover. The cover is not of bad quality. In fact, the case is still good now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a T1 and it has a red cover. The cover is not of bad quality. In fact, the case is still good now.
I think it was mostly the T3's case that had an issue with its "flap" or "hinge" or whatever you call it. I think they tried to make it a little too light and small. I've put some kind of cloth-ish tape to strengthen mine. But a collector wouldn't be happy with it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote