Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old Today, 02:03 AM   #1
lMonk
lMonk began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Editor stopped working (v7.13)

The book editor suddenly stopped working. when opening the editor I get a black window. Other parts - the 2 use: manager and viewer - behave as usual.

haven't opened the editor in a few weeks so I'm not sure when it exactly this happened.
lMonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Define STOPPED better.
On what OS.
Is there an icon (still) in the tool tray? What does the header of the window show, eg (not Responding)

Video drivers are a common cause of a Frozen video.
Anti-malware blocking the 'worker' (or the request for permission is off screen)
Have you tried using the Editor with a different book (the book may have a weird corruption or DRM)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:40 AM   #3
lMonk

The editor's window remains open until I close it manually. There is a taskabar icon and an on-hover preview (of a black window).
I tried multiple books - it's the same for all of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	editor.png
Views:	53
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	209477  

Last edited by pdurrant; Today at 07:26 AM.
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THis will be an issue with your GPU drivers update them or if they were recently updated roll back the update. Or try turning off hardware acceleration in as described here: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtwebengine-debugging.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 PM   #5
lMonk

You might think that page's explanation is clear, but it's not for me. How do I use [--disable-gpu]? just trying the run the editor with ebook-edit.exe --webEngineArgs --disable-gpu doesn't work.

Also, after some clicking around the black windows, I realized all the elements are present: clicking on the general top-left area open the dropdown menu; I can copy html from the general area of the text editor, and so on... It's just that everything is black.