Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 04:39 PM   #1
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Paperwhite Signature
Body font best practice for flexibility

I'm looking for some help on editing books so I can display the text in either the embedded, publisher font, or else in a user chosen font.

It often annoys me when epub books lock you into a particular font face and font size. I'm capable of editing epubs with Sigil and editing body tags or div and paragraph tags.

But I can't seem to figure out the rules for what "publisher font" even means on Kindle and Kobo. I find that if fonts are embedded and used for the main text (ie: not just titles or limited, special formatting) then I usually can't change it on the reader.

Is there a tutorial on this somewhere? I thought I saw something relevant in the wiki years ago, but can't dig it up again.

What I want:

- to have a base epub as my archival copy. I usually read on a Kobo Aura One. When I am on my Kindle Paperwhite, I use Calibre to convert on sending to the device
- to have the option to use whatever font face and font size the publisher chose for the main text
- to also have the option to choose my own font and size on the fly
radius is offline   Reply With Quote