Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM   #2041
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
wrapped the entire computer in plastic wrap to keep the cat hair out

Customer: "There are smoke and flames coming from my computer."
Tech Support: "Uh, hang up, unplug the computer from the wall, and call the local fire department."
Customer: "That's not the problem. I need to know how to do a backup. Fastest possible method."

ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:50 AM   #2042
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Customer: "There are smoke and flames coming from my computer."
Tech Support: "Uh, hang up, unplug the computer from the wall, and call the local fire department."
Customer: "That's not the problem. I need to know how to do a backup. Fastest possible method."

Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM   #2043
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Top priority!
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM   #2044
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
My first monitor was a 14", 640 x 480 B&W because I couldn't tolerate the poor convergence (alignment of the color guns) on the color monitors of that time.

Five years later I upgraded to the Sony GDM-17SE1. That was 17", 1280 x 1024. It also weighed 50 pounds and was 18" deep. You needed a pretty wide desk to accomodate it.

I was glad when LCDs came in.
Similar

Best monitor I've owned was an Eizo 21" 2048 x 1536 colour CRT, I also had an ex-GDR embassy steel desk to put it on, IIRC the CRT weighed close to 40Kg. Got rid of both when I downsized my living quarters.

Last edited by BetterRed; Yesterday at 07:34 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:12 AM   #2045
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Tech rant: I want to be able to use container queries in epub. Can't even use grid yet; only flex is loosely supported. So many advantages for container queries! None of the dedicated commercial readers are capable, though. Only computer-based epub software (and only some) would be able to use cqw , cqh , cqi , cqb , cqmin , and cqmax. The ability to effectively read the same epub on tiny phones, mid size, or giant size screens while keeping captions and images and text sizes in good-looking layout is difficult without this new tech.
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #2046
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwse@aol.com View Post
Tech rant: I want to be able to use container queries in epub. Can't even use grid yet; only flex is loosely supported. So many advantages for container queries! None of the dedicated commercial readers are capable, though. Only computer-based epub software (and only some) would be able to use cqw , cqh , cqi , cqb , cqmin , and cqmax. The ability to effectively read the same epub on tiny phones, mid size, or giant size screens while keeping captions and images and text sizes in good-looking layout is difficult without this new tech.
My rant is about ebooks that are trying to be apps. Mark up the text sensibly, and let the reading software worry about how to display it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote