Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2024, 06:33 AM   #16
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
Assuming this is the book from your screenshot i.e. B0C7HHTVKW then this is in the new KFX format (you can tell by the presence of the .voucher file).

I happen to have this book and was able to convert it. The versions of the plugins that I have are

DeDRM (10, 0, 9)
KFX Input (2, 15, 0)
KePub Output (3, 6, 6)
I've looked at the list of uninstalled plugins and DeDRM is not listed
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2024, 06:42 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I've looked at the list of uninstalled plugins and DeDRM is not listed
DeDRM has never been in that list. It must be installed separately, not like the other calibre plugins.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2024, 06:46 AM   #18
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Found out how to get the plugin but I get this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K3.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	209701  
Old 07-21-2024, 06:47 AM   #19
Chocky
Addict

OK, had to unzip and use the zip in the unzipped folder
Old 07-21-2024, 06:48 AM   #20
Chocky
Addict

And able to convert, thank you for your help everyone..
Old 09-21-2024, 09:40 PM   #21
booksies
booksies began at the beginning.

Device: iOS, Kindle PWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hello! New here and would appreciate your help. I'm not very tech savvy, so sorry in advance. I've been following people's recs, and using the appropriate versions of Kindle for Mac and Calibre. I've managed to remove DRM on all of my e-books, except 2, which did not include the azw file for some reason. I've tried removing and redownloading the ebook to no avail.

The two books I've highlighted are the two that are missing this file, but as you can see the middle book contains the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 6.36.54 PM.png
Views:	37
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	210942  
booksies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 02:50 AM   #22
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by booksies View Post
Hello! New here and would appreciate your help. I'm not very tech savvy, so sorry in advance. I've been following people's recs, and using the appropriate versions of Kindle for Mac and Calibre. I've managed to remove DRM on all of my e-books, except 2, which did not include the azw file for some reason. I've tried removing and redownloading the ebook to no avail.

The two books I've highlighted are the two that are missing this file, but as you can see the middle book contains the file.
Unfortunately, those two books are downloading as .kcr instead of .azw, and .kcr doesn't work with DeDRM. You'll need to use a different method. Do you have an eink Kindle or access to Kindle for PC?

I'm curious, though, why these two books are downloading as .kcr. There have been reports of Japanese language books downloading as .kcr on Kindle for Mac because of the vertical text, but these titles appear to be in English. Perhaps they have some vertical text inside or something else that causes Kindle for Mac to use .kcr
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 03:36 AM   #23
booksies

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Unfortunately, those two books are downloading as .kcr instead of .azw, and .kcr doesn't work with DeDRM. You'll need to use a different method. Do you have an eink Kindle or access to Kindle for PC?

I'm curious, though, why these two books are downloading as .kcr. There have been reports of Japanese language books downloading as .kcr on Kindle for Mac because of the vertical text, but these titles appear to be in English. Perhaps they have some vertical text inside or something else that causes Kindle for Mac to use .kcr
I wish I could tell you. I've completed over 800 book conversions - I used "manage my content" and had the books mass dl'd to my Mac. Just tested it out on my phone and they look like standard books.

I do have a Kindle PWSE, just got it last month, but no PC. I'd have to ask and see if a friend would let me use their personal PC.

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated!
Old 09-22-2024, 07:26 AM   #24
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
… I do have a Kindle PWSE, just got it last month, but no PC. I'd have to ask and see if a friend would let me use their personal PC.
If you have Kindle PWSE, this is much easier. Use Method 1: Download & transfer via USB from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361503

Be sure to enter the serial number of your Kindle into the DeDRM plugin. You can find and copy & paste your Kindle serial number on Amazon website under your Devices.
Old 09-24-2024, 09:31 PM   #25
booksies

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
If you have Kindle PWSE, this is much easier. Use Method 1: Download & transfer via USB from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361503

Be sure to enter the serial number of your Kindle into the DeDRM plugin. You can find and copy & paste your Kindle serial number on Amazon website under your Devices.
Thank you so much for your patience and help! So much appreciated.

Now...would you happen to know if there is something like this for downloading and managing purchased Audible books? lol.
Old 09-25-2024, 01:39 AM   #26
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
... would you happen to know if there is something like this for downloading and managing purchased Audible books? lol.
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but you might check out Open Audible: https://openaudible.org. (It's not free, but I don't mind paying developers for apps I value.)

Also, the invaluable jhowell did a little poking around at your .kcr ebooks and discovered they contained unnecessary formatting for right-to-left text, a feature Kindle for Mac 1.40.x can't handle in KFX, so it reverted to .kcr.
Old 09-25-2024, 08:41 AM   #27
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What about libation? https://github.com/rmcrackan/Libation
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote